Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Retractable Headlight Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
I've looked for a previous thread to no avail.

What is the correct procedure for adjusting the retractable headlights to make them flush with the hood and eyebrow. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
ClayPerrine
Here's how I do it.

1. Set the headlight operating arm to make sure that the arm is fully to the rear when the light is down. This will take some trial and error to get it right, because you can't do it with the light down all the way. You have to pull the arm off the motor shaft, and with it down, you can't get to the nut.

2. Now adjust the pivots on either side of the headlight bucket to get the rear of the light to match up to the deck lid. There are two allen head bolts in the trunk and 3 under the fender to adjust these. Loosen both of them and move the pivots until The light is square in the opening and matches the edge of the hood. Don't worry if it is too low or too high on the front end of the light.

3. Now adjust the motor to get the light to match up to the edge of the eyebrow. There are three allen head bolts next to the arm on the motor. Once loose, you can move the motor to make the front edge of the light match the eyebrow.

4. Run the headlight up and down a few times to make sure it returns back to it's matching point. If not, start over.

5. Turn the headlights on and pull the relay. Turn the lights off and adjust the headlight stop until it touches the U shaped bracket, and turn it 1/2 turn tighter. This will keep your headlights from bouncing and annoying other drivers.

Let me know if this works for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.