Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crossed a major milestone today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Today I completed the last of the major welding projects that my car is going to need. From here on in it is body filler, sanding, paint and then putting it all back together. I have gotten a _lot_ done in the past couple days and am in a good mood tonight.

I started with the body filler yesterday, and that is going to be a bit of work. I hope that I get faster with it as I get more used to working with the stuff. The DA sander is getting a work out, for sure. I need to get sheet paper for the sanding blocks so I get my finish smooth.

Happy

Zach
ptravnic
Right on! Good to have some time off work.

You'll be driving to Hershey aktion035.gif
JerryP
Congrats Zach. beerchug.gif
That must feel good.
MrKona
I always read the posts on your restoration and admire your perseverance. Sounds like you have a nice, steady pace.

- Bryan
stepuptotheMike
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
nomore9one4
Your getting work done? The honeymoon must be over! w00t.gif Good Job! welder.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(faux916 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:50 PM) *

Your getting work done? The honeymoon must be over! w00t.gif Good Job! welder.gif

No, not at all. :-)
I work for a college and have this week off. Erin works for the federal gov't, and has to work. My sweetie says the govt. might close down on tuesday in memorial for Fords passing. If they do, I'll take off as well. The govt closed for a day for Nixon and Regan. We'll see.

I did ask Erin if she would take the week off with me, but she wants to bank up vacation time in case we should happen to spawn sometime in 2007. :-)

Zach
nomore9one4
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 29 2006, 06:20 AM) *

QUOTE(faux916 @ Dec 28 2006, 11:50 PM) *

No, not at all. :-)
I work for a college and have this week off. Erin works for the federal gov't, and has to work. My sweetie says the govt. might close down on tuesday in memorial for Fords passing. If they do, I'll take off as well. The govt closed for a day for Nixon and Regan. We'll see.

I did ask Erin if she would take the week off with me, but she wants to bank up vacation time in case we should happen to spawn sometime in 2007. :-)

Zach

Spawn? You mean like score another 914 right? av-943.gif Actually I am expecting 3 nieces or nephews in 2007 blink.gif Good luck with that and enjoy the sheeplove.gif laugh.gif
jasons
Get a long board if you don't have one Sand in X patterns. Do you know about using contrast coats to find low/high spots?

Congrats on your progress!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.