Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New England Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Anyone up for a drive Jan 1st?

Brunch..for those who stayed up late?

Rich
william harris
I'm in. Where and when. I love this mild winter. God Bless Global Warming!!! happy11.gif
drewvw

I may be in for a breakfast run. Having a low key new years but i have a NYD party at about 4 or so.

let me know the details, i would love to get the 914 out and about.
firstknight13
biggrin.gif i would be up for it except i'm in fl. how about the following week??? driving.gif
r_towle
Denny's???

Rt 128, lexington (I think)

Rich
drewvw

lexington would be great for me.

rich, i left you a message yesterday....my cell no worky at work.
r_towle
I thought you were still in upstate...so I stopped trying.
R
william harris
Denny's at 438 Bedford St. Lexington??? what time???
gfulcher
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 28 2006, 11:42 PM) *

Anyone up for a drive Jan 1st?

Brunch..for those who stayed up late?

Rich

I might be in... Depends what time we get back from CT... Although, I just put my car away again for the winter.. Haven't washed it yet though... hmmmm.

-g
drewvw

mines been blocked by construction for the past few months so i am looking forward to getting it out if this happens. Unless its wet, then its volvo time...
william harris
Come on a little rain never hurt anything. Ask Rich about me driving up to his house last weekend in the pouring rain. driving.gif So what time??? rich???
partsman
I'm pretty sure I can get a get out jail card from the wife. I have a great lawyer on retainer... or he has me on retainer... I'm never sure.

I'll put the battery back in the car, and get it off the dollies... let's drive!! I'm just about to give up on this winter for snow anyway. I was going to teach the boys to ski, but I guess we'll just keep bike riding..

Eric
william harris
Way to go Eric!!! I can meet you at your house then we will take 495 to 93 to 128 to Lexington. Still need to know what time??? Rich, what time for brunch??? chowtime.gif
r_towle
Am I the only one that can choose.

11:00 am

Rich
r_towle
icon_bump.gif
gfulcher
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 30 2006, 09:10 PM) *

Am I the only one that can choose.

11:00 am

Rich

I'm opting out for Monday's drive - won't be back from CT by then...
-greg-

ejm
I'll check the weather in the morning...
william harris
Rich, see ya at 11:00 a.m. at Denny's in Lexington. Eric, are you still going? If so, I will be at your house at 10:00 a.m. Weather guy says 46 degrees tomorrow. Maybe rain later in the day, but we should be good at 11:00 a.m. for all you CWs. w00t.gif
partsman
yup, i'm in... for all the people wondering how to tell the difference between William's car and mine, I'll be the one with working defrost!!! driving.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(partsman @ Dec 31 2006, 01:22 PM) *

yup, i'm in... for all the people wondering how to tell the difference between William's car and mine, I'll be the one with working defrost!!! driving.gif

ditto,and rust
william harris
OK, very funny, just because I have the most factory rare heater delete model. See you guys tomorrow and hope Ed and Rob G and others also show up.
ejm
QUOTE(william harris @ Dec 31 2006, 01:04 PM) *

Weather guy says 46 degrees tomorrow. Maybe rain later in the day, but we should be good at 11:00 a.m. for all you CWs.

forecast for the western hill town where I am is freezing rain till midday

should be fine once I get to the highway where they use plenty of salt headbang.gif

at least my windshield will be clear smile.gif
r_towle
It wasnt my fault
william harris
OK, quite a day this January 1st here in New England. I live in a fairly rural area of Essex County north of Boston. My trip to Eric Sander's home in Bradford, MA takes me thru the Bradley Palmer State Park where I encounter three deer crossing the road as I enter an S curve, holy crap - avoidance manuevers have me weaving between two deer and on the slushy roads I end up spinning and doing a 360 spin as I coast to the side of the road. No damage done but I was really wide awake after that one. Eric pulls his car out of storage, has it wedged into the end of his garage on coasters, drops the battery in and fires it right up. Off we go (did I mention it was raining pretty good this morning?) to Denny's in Lexington. Guess what? Denny's in Lexington, MA has closed and we end up in the parking lot figuring what the hell is up?
william harris
So as we sit in the parking lot I see a red 75 914 pass going down the road, obviously he has missed the former Denny's location. Eric and I give chase and encounter Ed Morrow who has driven quite a ways from the western part of MA and we all join up and go back to the former Denny's location. Call is made to Rich Towle who doesn't answer his home phone. Ed takes picture of Eric and yours truly pointing at the former Denny's sign and after 15 minutes we take off looking for another joint serving breakfast at 11:15 a.m. We drive into Lexington and on into Arlington. Then my cell phone rings - Rich Towle - 30 minutes late is sitting in the empty parking lot of the former Denny's.
william harris
Rich suggests we turn around and as we head back towards him, he heads toward us and we meet in Lexington. Rich calls my cell phone and says pull over at Starbucks, so we then squeeze four 914s into 3 parking spots - nice trick. I discover the Not Your Average Joe's next to Starbucks in open and we all go in for a bite. Cars: Lapis Blue 74 - William Harris; Red 75 2.0 - Ed Morrow, 73 1.7 also Blue - Eric Sanders; and our fearless leader in his Red 73 1.7 - Rich Towle.
william harris
I am pretty sure that 4 914s have not been seen together on the highways of Massachusetts on January 1st of any year in recent memory. Most of these cars will go into hibernation soon now. But today was a real hoot!!! driving.gif Ed, when you get a chance you have to post your pictures. clap56.gif
r_towle
Fearless leader...lol I couldnt even find the place...

I vote for February 4th, Ed picks the place this time.

Rich
william harris
I'm game, but the big question is what the weather will have in store for us on February 4th. Might have to drive my winter beater car. happy11.gif
ejm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 1 2007, 01:34 PM) *

It wasnt my fault

WTF! I drive an hour fifteen minutes in the rain, it's 11:15, Denny's is gone, they even took the sign and Rich is nowhere to be found. unsure.gif

ejm
Best mid-winter drive in a long time biggrin.gif Where do you want to go in February? Rich said Springfield... Auburns lot closer for you guys... what about Palmer? anybody else interested.. Ct guys?

and a coupla more pics
william harris
Thanks for the post, Ed. I love that picture of Eric and me pointing to the former location of the Denny's sign. That's a classic. Hey, Auburn or Palmer is fine with me. You scout out a location and let's make sure its open this time. av-943.gif Eric, plan on riding with me. We might be in the Boxster this time.
r_towle
Palmer is cool, or wherever you find.

Rich
william harris
OK Ed, you got to find the place in or near Palmer. Let us know what you come up with. chowtime.gif
McMark
Deer scare me.... hide.gif

Sounds like an exciting get together. Thanks for the pictures!
drewvw

uhhh yeah...i slept thru the breakfast due to a champagne induced hangover. Very lame on my part. Looks like you guys had fun...
ChrisFoley
I love the mirror picture Ed. smile.gif
William, you need to disconnect the rear sway bar for wet weather driving. laugh.gif
william harris
Chris: now you tell me!!! blink.gif
partsman
dead horse.gif of course, if you had heat... and working defrost, you might have seen the herd of deer that were standing there triple dog daring the three to jump out in front of you!!!! jsharp.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
william harris
OK Eric you had to rub it in. dead horse.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.