Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV Boot...??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric_Shea
Any easy way to get the "all-in-one" CV boot/cover plates off the CV's?

Do I just destroy them and buy new ones? Mine seem to be frozen on the beasts. Anybody BTDT? blink.gif

Only thinkg holding me up from putting my axles back together...

Thanks in advance,
Brad Roberts
If you can pull a roll pin out... stick a punch thru the pin hole and knock it off the CV.

Otherwise.. your using two thin flat blade screw drivers to pry it off.

Tap them into opposite sides of the cover. If your throwing them away.. dont be afraid of destroying them.

I recall seeing a PM or email from you when I was having mail issues... did you get the part you needed ??

B
Eric_Shea
Thanks Brad...

I pulled a pin out and tried that. These things are on there. I think I'll get out the ole MAP torch and heat the edge. I may have to destroy them. No biggy... I think they're $13 bucks.

No... I never did get the parts I needed. I need a pair of sway bar nose cone bushing covers. I thought you were ignoring me sad.gif

If you still have them let me know...

Thanks,
Eric_Shea
Brad...

I need a pair of these.

Thanks!!
Brad Roberts
Call the shop later today (415-884-9146) so we can get them in our hands while we have you on the phone.

I dont think I have ever had any problem pulling them covers off.. idea.gif

B
Eric_Shea
Thanks Brad,

I'll throw another donation up there for ya...

E.

P.S. The damn boots still won't come off!! headbang.gif (hmmmmmmmm me thinks jack hammer)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.