Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, how bad is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
I finally got the interior out and removed the rocker panels and bumpers. Here's what I found:

The right side:

Cevan
Here's the left side:

ejm
I've seen people here repair far worse.....good example of why you should clean behind the rocker covers....how's the hell hole?
Cevan
QUOTE(ejm @ Dec 29 2006, 02:13 PM) *

I've seen people here repair far worse.....good example of why you should clean behind the rocker covers....how's the hell hole?

I haven't started to clean the engine compartment yet. The battery tray is rusted but the support for it seems fine. I've poked around underneath the supprt and couldn't find any major problems.

The metal behind the rockers is called the inner rocker or the logitudinal?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(Cevan @ Dec 29 2006, 02:18 PM) *

The metal behind the rockers is called the inner rocker or the longitudinal?

that is called the inner rocker which makes up the clam shell that makes the longitudinal.

Shop here
Cevan
Well, after a little help from EJM (ok, alot of help), I actually got my car running tonight. I now own a running 914. beerchug.gif

So now I'm thinking, I'd really like to take it out of the garage and drive it up and down my driveway, which is about 1/4 mile long. The only problem is that my headlamps are burnt out and it's dark out, windy and cold, and I have no doors or top on. No problem. I grabbed my HID headlamp mounted to by mountain bike helmet, started the engine and eased it into 1st. Tested the brakes and they appear to work ok. Continued down the driveway. 2nd gear no problem. Reverse works too. I've reached a milestone. driving.gif

Now it's on to phase 2: rust repair sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

More pictures to come. This is what I'm shooting for:
Twystd1
Bithchin looking car with a perfect stance.....

Good Show...!!!!!!!!

C
PinetreePorsche
Is it permitted to ask what the car cost? And is the motor, which runs up the driveway, in better shape than the body? Just want to know what others have bought in to--I'll have some rust work to deal with on one of mine when the motor is swapped out.
SGB
OK! Long weekends coming up. I'd say you will be pretty buisy if your gonna be through by Tuesday....
ejm
QUOTE(Diary of an addict @ Jan 10 2007, 10:18 PM) *

So now I'm thinking, I'd really like to take it out of the garage and drive it up and down my driveway, which is about 1/4 mile long. The only problem is that my headlamps are burnt out and it's dark out, windy and cold, and I have no doors or top on. No problem. I grabbed my HID headlamp mounted to by mountain bike helmet, started the engine and eased it into 1st. Tested the brakes and they appear to work ok. Continued down the driveway. 2nd gear no problem. Reverse works too. I've reached a milestone

smilie_pokal.gif that engine sounded good when it fired up briefly Saturday... had a bad duel relay, bad points and I suspect some stuck injectors.... the rust is mostly where road crud gets trapped... floors and front trunk are nice... interior is decent...

Hammy
QUOTE(Cevan @ Jan 10 2007, 07:18 PM) *

Well, after a little help from EJM (ok, alot of help), I actually got my car running tonight. I now own a running 914. beerchug.gif

So now I'm thinking, I'd really like to take it out of the garage and drive it up and down my driveway, which is about 1/4 mile long. The only problem is that my headlamps are burnt out and it's dark out, windy and cold, and I have no doors or top on. No problem. I grabbed my HID headlamp mounted to by mountain bike helmet, started the engine and eased it into 1st. Tested the brakes and they appear to work ok. Continued down the driveway. 2nd gear no problem. Reverse works too. I've reached a milestone. driving.gif

Now it's on to phase 2: rust repair sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif

More pictures to come. This is what I'm shooting for:

Cool. 914 life biggrin.gif

Welcome to:
Pain, misery, anger, confusion, hell, empty wallet
but most important of all..... happiness smile.gif
Cevan
I paid $150 for the car. The guy wanted his son to restore it, but he wasn't interested. The rust repair required doesn't look too bad (for a 914), dfinately doable. There is no hellhole.

Question regarding inner rocker repair: Based on the slope of the sill, I assume I need to remove the sill in order to cut out the part of the inner rocker that is rusted. Am I correct?
BMartin914
Original Delphi Green?!?!? aktion035.gif

...my favorite color...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Not bad at all!
Cevan
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Jan 11 2007, 06:18 AM) *

Original Delphi Green?!?!? aktion035.gif

...my favorite color...

Yes, original color, code L99. The paint is very faded so my wife called the color puke green. She's coming around though. It'll be repainted the same color, some day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.