Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold the sixer today....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Well it's gone.....went for 3K more than I though it would. Guy was VERY happy.....
Brew
Good for you, Mike!

So, is the lucky guy a current or future member here?
Joe Bob
He's a railroad conductor and lives 50/50 in Bakersfield and Carpinteria...he'll be a new member.
watsonrx13
Congratulations Mike....

-- Rob
Crazyhippy
congrats, and i'm sorry to hear it...

BJH
Carlitos Way
Now it's time to start looking for another teener....
Joe Bob
I pick THIS up tomorrow....

Joe Bob
Now....if I can find a good stoopid bok on a 79 930....my Bentley Manual for the SC doesn't cover it....
Crazyhippy
Funny looking 914...

Ohhh i get it i's a donor car!!!

BJH:D
johnlush
Happy New Year!

What's the story on the 930? Lots of what you know about the SC vintage cars will carry over (CIS induction, etc.). Is there an exhaust system on it? Can't tell from the pictures except for the box on the passenger floor that looks like nuclear, errrr I mean thermal reactors...... Feel free to ask me about all the hard lessons I learned about the turbo cars after my 3-year rebuild of my '76..... Have fun - be careful!

John
Cap'n Krusty
As much as I fear being charged for aiding and abetting a suicide, I'll loan you the factory shop manual for your new ride, Mike. Frankly, I wouldn't touch one of those things with a 10 foot pole. Work on 'em, yes, road test one after repairs, sure, but I'd NEVER own one. Kinda like a really dangerous yacht. Bring money. BTW, Ben and I have done the motor on one of those. Twice. Same car. The Cap'n
Joe Bob
Plan is to flip it....

50,000 original miles....muffler is in the trunk as well as the top to the intercooler. Been sitting since 94. Lot's of fluid changes in my future....

Hey Captain...how much to do the fluids?

Gas, oil, tranny, brake, radiator flush, etc?
Mueller
any chance the owners last name starts with a "B"???

looks like one of my high school buddies uncles car that we took out cruising when he was up here visiting from down in your area...
seanery
congrats on the sale - good luck on the project!
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Mueller @ Dec 30 2006, 06:52 PM) *

any chance the owners last name starts with a "B"???

looks like one of my high school buddies uncles car that we took out cruising when he was up here visiting from down in your area...

Marquez...he's a local flooring contractor. It was semi hidden by Galen (dickweed) Bieker of Werks II in Burbank.....Galen hid it and the storage yard tried to lien sale it...he got it back after 12 years in storage.
BKLA
Congrats Mike! mueba.gif

(on the engine decal...I only have a 3.2, 3.6 and a 3.8 - I didn't make any 3.3's mad.gif )
John
It's been sitting how long with the intercooler off? I hope it was indoors. You may want to find a good used or rebuilt turbo to go with your fluid change....

As much as I fear being charged for aiding and abetting a suicide, I'll loan you the factory shop manual for your new ride, Mike. Frankly, I wouldn't touch one of those things with a 10 foot pole. Work on 'em, yes, road test one after repairs, sure, but I'd NEVER own one. Kinda like a really dangerous yacht. Bring money. BTW, Ben and I have done the motor on one of those. Twice. Same car. The Cap'n

Puss

rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 30 2006, 06:53 PM) *

congrats on the sale - good luck on the project!

agree.gif
John
What year is that 930? Did I miss something, or does that one NOT have a sunroof?

I thought they all had sunroofs or that sunroofs were standard.... (I'm probably wrong)
sixnotfour
What year is that 930? Did I miss something, or does that one NOT have a sunroof?

Euro ? grey market , I had an 84. great for donuts , smokey ones
Turbo not Turbo Carrera, has small dash vent 78-79 ?

Best memory ,9yrold son "Dad lets go Turbo"
Joe Bob
Sunroof...euro, stored inside....I expect to replacce the turbo and upgrade the fuel head...
sixnotfour
Sunroof...euro, stored inside....I expect to replacce the turbo and upgrade the fuel head...

your killin us what year?
Joe Bob
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Dec 30 2006, 09:57 PM) *

your killin us what year?

Ooopsie, sorry.... blink.gif

Allan
QUOTE(mikez @ Dec 30 2006, 05:03 PM) *

He's a railroad conductor and lives 50/50 in Bakersfield and Carpinteria...he'll be a new member.

So where is the car gonna be kept? Bakersfield or Carpenteria? boldblue.gif

It would be nice to have an addition to the 914 population here...
Joe Bob
It's UP there as of now.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.