Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sold the leech this weekend!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
So I sold my 73' 2.0 this weekend! I spent about 3 years restoring it & I have no idea how many hours. I don't even want to think about how much money! Things had been a little slow for me at my stores so I needed the cash. I don't think I really needed it that much though. Leaving it with the guy was one of the hardest things to do. I mean what the hell it's just a car right? I did manage to buy myself a quad (4wheeler) out of the deal. I think I will spend more time riding it than I ever did my 914. My wife sure doesn't seem to sympathise with me either. I guess I am more atached to it than I ever figured. Fucking depressing thats what it is headbang.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 17 2003, 01:25 PM)
Fucking depressing thats what it is headbang.gif

easy fix for that ... brad has 2 for sale laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah right Andy....that was a fairwell song...see ya later, I'm outta here, never again, no more rusty 914 jokes, ya can't kick me anymore.....
JRust
Nah I'm not going anywhere. May not be posting much till I get another one but who knows. I'll be looking for another project or a conversion allready done. Of course the project is more in my price range at the moment. Heck who knows if I sell my pizza place I might be able to swing a good 6! I'll probably be lucky to walk away though. A guy can dream though wink.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Jamie: You will be missed,and you will be back. You have been a asset to this board and the 914 community as a whole. It was your example that motivated me to start The Mid West 914 Classic. So good luck, sell both stores for big bucks and buy a 3.2 conversion. Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Nov 17 2003, 03:13 PM)
Yeah right Andy....that was a fairwell song...see ya later, I'm outta here, never again, no more rusty 914 jokes, ya can't kick me anymore.....

i know, i know, i was just trying to make him feel warm and fuzzy ....
rick 918-S
MHO. Instead of selling the pizza store. Open a second one. Or a sub sandwich shop. Unless you just need a change.
Qarl
I feel your pain. I had done A LOT of work to my last 914... and after my son was born, it became neglected. I really liked that car (the color, the condition). Anyways, I sold it to a 72 year old SCCA racer (oldest registered SCCA racer in the U.S. I think)... anyways to see it drive down the street was really sad...

You'll be back!

IPB Image
boxstr
Jamie Your not kidding anyone this video is you picking up your new GT, maybe you could write it off as business exspense, "fastest pizza delivery in Monmouth ,guaranted"
http://udm-motorsport.com/videos/porschegt.wmv
CCLINJRVILLE
redshift
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 17 2003, 09:04 PM)
Anyways, I sold it to a 72 year old SCCA racer (oldest registered SCCA racer in the U.S. I think)

... anyways to see it drive down the street was really sad...

I saw that on South Park.

Sad, and SCARY.

M
Joe Bob
Did he leave the blinker on all the way down the block?
Qarl
Yes... and before he left he slapped an AARP sticker on the back bumper!
redshift
We need a curmudgeon walker smile with a steering wheel and a 1% sales tax credit.

M
scotty
sad.gif You'll know real pain when you see one driving down the road now... after getting rid of my first one, I'd whine whenever I saw one on the road. The wife finally got tired of it and allowed me to buy one again (had to stop building killer computers though...there's only enough cash for one hobby!)

I have an extra steering wheel if you need something to hold wink.gif
JRust
Yah actually I have one or 2 steering wheels to hold too! Along with some bumpers, wheels, dashes, suspension, gages & who knows what else! Pretty lame to have extra parts to sit there & taunt you! I know I'll get another on though. Hopefully sooner than later. Thanks for the kind words too ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.