Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: I want to go to Sebring 07
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PORobinSCHE
hello all, yes it's true, i want to go see the race live. but the problem is i've never been there. watched alot of hours on the telly.
so, what sites should i look at for camping, food, tickets ,lodging,etc.
where are the best sections to watch from....i want to know!!!!

thank you

Robin
URY914
Go to the offical race site and buy your tickets on line and get a paddock pass. The paddock is great cause you can get up close and personel. Track views are very good at just about every corner. They've built berms so you can see over the fence. It can get REAL hot and dusty so watch the weather.

The first time I went was 1972 and I've been about 12-15 times since.
Zimms
agree.gif I have been going the last 7 years and really enjoy it. There really isn't a bad place to be, and there is a lot of track to explore. If you can get there by Thursday, the night practice is a lot of fun to watch, and then time for some beerchug.gif
rfuerst911sc
I've been going to Sebring for 12 years now and the event is so big that I find the toughest thing is finding a parking spot!!! They get aprox. 125,000 to 140,000 and it's packed to the gills. In the past I payed extra to park in the Porsche paddock but last year they raised that fee to something crazy so I passed. In regards to viewing this track is different than most as there are very few bleachers or stands, because it's a flat track there are many viewing berms where you can setup a folding chair and enjoy. You can walk about 3/4 of the track. Get ready to see things you might not see at other tracks as this is an event not just a race. You will see crazy vehicles,crazy people and some nudity............it's a great time.
PORobinSCHE
i have been doing some reading as suggested. i'd like to go Thurs,Fri and Sat. i am thinking about camping there,just to get the whole enchilada of experiences..

So who's with me?????? beerchug.gif
URY914
I maybe going with a group of non-race fans. But they are beer drinkers.
We'll see.
PORobinSCHE
my wife works for Sea World (Anheuser-Busch) beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
SGB
The biggest challenge for tent camping would be staking out a viable spot. I would propose taking a mini-van or other sleep worthy vehicle. I don't think I'll make it this year, but if you have already been following on TV, it will hook you good when you really experience it. Man I wish I was going. Take ear plugs! Even if it doesn't "bother" you, the noise really gets tiresome eventually. It prolly is better for your hearing not to be exposed to 12 continueous hours of 100 db.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.