Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Posting from my Wii
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I got my christmas present on saturday. A Nintendo Wii.

I just got the internet connection working and so... Hello from McMark's Wii.

biggrin.gif
seanery
sweet!

I'll have to break out my PSP and post a bit biggrin.gif
LowGT
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 31 2006, 06:10 PM) *

Hello from McMark's Wii.

ew... I don't like the way that sounds. blink.gif
biosurfer1
QUOTE(LowGT @ Dec 31 2006, 04:33 PM) *

Hello from McMark's Wii.

ew... I don't like the way that sounds. blink.gif

lol, now thats some funny $hit
KaptKaos
You got the good console this year. The PS3, despite much initial hype, is languishing on the shelves. They can't get enough Wiis to meet demand. Congrats!
Grimstead
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 31 2006, 04:10 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Bitch!

wink.gif I still plan on getting the kids one whenever they get back in stock (Wii, not the kids)
McMark
My GF called me on Friday and said, "There's a sign outside Target that they'll have consoles tomorrow morning." So I woke up at the crack of 6 am, got out of the house by 6:30 am and was the SIXTH person there to claim one of six Wii that were delivered. I was incredibly surprised. Bill, I might be able to get you a console if you want. wink.gif I know a girl who knows a guy.
TravisNeff
I'll buy one as soon as they come out with barnyard buddies. sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif sheeplove.gif w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif
TravisNeff
oh, and of course the waistband controller
TINCAN914
I can hook you up Bill...
Let me give Tyrel a call, he canbring dem to yo house...
ClayPerrine
Ok. Y'all are a bunch of NERDS.

(But I am one to talk, I have been known to read the board on my Treo.....)
cooltimes

biggrin.gif

Are you saying you are using a game machine to do the Internet? Got to be fun, doing twisties with twisted cables while surfing in the 914World.com
Fill us in.
PSP too? Wonder if they have a mechanical do it right or jackstands game for the 914? Got to be a need for one.

Also, quoting Clay

What's a Treo.....?

Happy 2007.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Jan 1 2007, 10:23 AM) *

Also, quoting Clay

What's a Treo.....?

Happy 2007.

Mike,
It's a cell phone that also works as a PDA and web browser.

IPB Image
cooltimes
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 1 2007, 11:18 AM) *

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Jan 1 2007, 10:23 AM) *

Also, quoting Clay

What's a Treo.....?

Happy 2007.

Mike,
It's a cell phone that also works as a PDA and web browser.

IPB Image

You and the 914world might be proud to know, this is the very 1st thing I learned in this New Year, 2007.
Teach us old farts more about the Wii, PSP and Treo capabilities.
My vote is BEST new 914 site 2006-2007 if we ever vote.

thanks.

Mike
seanery
Mike,
The PSP is Sony's Playstation Portable. It plays mp3 audio files and mp4 video files. It also has a great web browser built in. The unit uses 80211.b/g wireless which is built in.
drewvw

the wii is the first game system in a long while I've actually wanted to purchase.

i want to hear how the racing and baseball games are...
neo914-6
Ok now what's a Wii? I saw the ad at ToysRus when shopping with my daughter for her Nintendo DS so I thought is was another toy... confused24.gif
McMark
Nintendo Wii
JPB
Its cool to see a system that one needs to actually move themselves instead to their thumbs. Hope they have some cool fight games and stuff that would build the body's cardio vascular system by moving all bady parts. piratenanner.gif
Katmanken
I have just one question....

Did Mark cry Wii Wii Wii all the way home? biggrin.gif

Ken
cooltimes
QUOTE(kwales @ Jan 1 2007, 12:49 PM) *

I have just one question....

Did Mark cry Wii Wii Wii all the way home? biggrin.gif

Ken

Is that pronounced WEE, WHY or WEYE-EYE
or none of the above?
Mark. Does it really respond as fast as you move it, say like in AutoX or tennis?
Seanery. That PSP you showed. Can you play Super Mario on it?
Clay and all? What's the other Admin's using?
Can all of you do a virtual 914world.com AutoX, save it as a movie and let us watch?

Mike

McMark
The Wii controls are VERY responsive and VERY pinpoint accurate. It really is amazing. I've only played the included Wii Sports game (which is only included to teach you how to use the controller, it has only slight entertainment value) and The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Zelda is realy cool.

The whole Wii experience has been great. Nintendo took a huge risk in choosing controller technology over improved graphics. But they did it right and it paid off.
Grimstead
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 31 2006, 06:13 PM) *

My GF called me on Friday and said, "There's a sign outside Target that they'll have consoles tomorrow morning." So I woke up at the crack of 6 am, got out of the house by 6:30 am and was the SIXTH person there to claim one of six Wii that were delivered. I was incredibly surprised. Bill, I might be able to get you a console if you want. wink.gif I know a girl who knows a guy.

If you hear of something, let me know. I'm not looking for any back alley deals, but if you have connections that would be cool. smile.gif

BTW, went down to spruce last week and picked up that CHT gauge. The 14mm ring should work fine but I'm not sure if I should keep the compression ring with it or toss it.. confused24.gif
McMark
I'd keep it, Bill. I did on mine. I'll let you know about the Wii.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.