Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: would you make this trade?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newto914s
If any of you saw my old ad, I was trying to Trade my 73 Bug for...well... anything cooler. I lucked out and traded it a week ago for a great running 87 Golf. I figured the best thing I had going for me with the bug was the large enthusiast group, and figured once it was gone I would never find someone in the aircooled world that would want to trade. Well, I was wrong.
Their is this Baywindow
Which is having L-jet problems(surprise surprise ), the interior is incomplete and kind of a mess, but it is solid rust wise.
Would you make that trade or hold out for something better?
Happy New Year Guys
Samson
Mr.C
QUOTE(newto914s @ Dec 31 2006, 04:54 PM) *

If any of you saw my old ad, I was trying to Trade my 73 Bug for...well... anything cooler. I lucked out and traded it a week ago for a great running 87 Golf. I figured the best thing I had going for me with the bug was the large enthusiast group, and figured once it was gone I would never find someone in the aircooled world that would want to trade. Well, I was wrong.
Their is this Baywindow
Which is having L-jet problems(surprise surprise ), the interior is incomplete and kind of a mess, but it is solid rust wise.
Would you make that trade or hold out for something better?
Happy New Year Guys
Samson

I would trade it off in a second. You could get more for the Westy after you solved the L Jet problems. If that's what you wanted to do.
SGB
Oh oh I want it!
Really. It is a sweet ol' thang. You could get lotsa help here I'm sure with tech issues.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Mr.C @ Dec 31 2006, 11:58 PM) *

I would trade it off in a second. You could get more for the Westy after you solved the L Jet problems. If that's what you wanted to do.

agree.gif

If the MKII golf is not a GTi, then it is just another econocar.
The bus is WAY cooler. If it is a GTi, you may have some thinking to do. The MkII 16valve GTis were wonderful cars.

Zach
Bleyseng
Ljet is easy to work on and lots of spare parts available too.
jasons
I've owned a baywindow camper and they aren't for me. And I owned a MK1 GTI and loved the shit out of that car. BUT>I would probably make the trade. Theres more potential value in the camper. And regardless of how I feel about them, they are cool. Zach is right, if the golf ainta GTI, whats the point?

JPB
Nice van and it won't last long. Avoid the old personal alfred.gif and act now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.