Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Noise from the drive line after 10 mph? help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Willowcreeklane
Greetings everyone-
I got my 914 up and running, it makes a noise after rolling faster than 10 mph. I was told it was old tires prior to buying it. After putting new tires on yesterday, it still makes the same noise. Coasting w/ trans in neutral, engine near idle, still makes the noise, I'm guessing it rear wheel bearings? or alignmnent? Sounds like (at least I hear it) its coming from the reat of the car.

Anybody experience this? let me know.

thanks, blink.gif

Ed
Heeltoe914
Yes it could be Bearing OR????. Maybe alignment but But more likly the bearings Or a dragging caliper. Get it up in the air spin the wheels You mite find it, But be aware the wight of the car on the bearings is more likely to make noise.
Spoke
My guess is wheel bearings. Lifting a wheel and rotating it may illuminate the bad bearing. Turning a wheel with your hands when lifted should result in smooth rotation without any rolling noise, looseness, or rolling vibration. Any of the above could point to a bad wheel bearing. I have one on my car that sings in left hand turns only.

Spoke
BMITCHELL
Could be rear bearings or possibly the the rear brakes.
The rear brakes are not self adjusting and the PO could have adjusted them to tight.

edit:Leamon beat me to it.
rhodyguy
when was the last time you checked the trans gear lube level?

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.