Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: recomended upgrades for 914-4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
theshartrucegoose
hello, i own a 1974 914-4 and was told by a fellow porsche club member to instead of investing my money into my 1977 911S(which is in the process of restoration) invest it into my 914. so does anyone have any good ideas of what to put in it to make it a more fun car to drive?
DerekKim
Howdy. I would second the putting money into the 914. The first thing I was told to do was learn to drive the car. Then after that do suspension. Sway bar(s), springs, shocks, and struts! Hope this helps.

DRok
Eric_Shea
I think it depends on what you want to do with it. You're posting in the paddock so I take it you want to race the car? If not let me know, you'll probably get more responses in the Garage section of the site.

My very first dollar would be spent on tires. Then brakes (make sure they are up to snuff... read the brake FAQ) Then shocks. Then make sure you have sway bar(s).

The list goes on and on... let us know your driving intent and we'll go from there.

welcome.png
Chris Pincetich
welcome.png
You WILL get more fun per dollar with the 914! beerchug.gif
We need more info! Are you building a highly modified race car with unlimited budget? Only have $500 to make a good weekend autocross car?
My 1.7 has a wimpy engine but rides on low profile (50s) tires, is lowered, stiffer rear springs (140lb), and has weltmeister sway bars front and rear. I am saving more $$$ now for a good header, which will be a simple, but not cheap, way to get more out of my engine without taking it apart.
Joe Ricard
Best bang for the buck for your car is TIRES.
anything with a 140 tread wear is going to be great. these cars are light enough to not wear out tires very quickly.
I have loved the Hankook RS-2 which is advertised as 200 tread wear.
Then an alignment ride hieght, camber castor toe.
Then shocks
Then sway bars
Oh and a good tune up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.