Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
I know the PCA is a national org, but it is broken down into regions. Can you participate in an another regions events other than your own "home " region. I am about halfway between two regions and may be moving closer to one of them. I was wondering if I would be able to enjoy what all the regions are doing around me.
Eric_Shea
Yes. Just let them know what's going on. Most will be loose. Some may ask you for a card because you won't show up on their regions membership roster.

The Presidents go to an annual Zone meeting so they should know each other unless by the off chance you will be playing between different zone lines. Regardless, if there's a problem, have the Pres of your region contact the Pres of the region you want to play with and let them know the story.

Shouldn't be a problem. (shouldn't I say) biggrin.gif
maitaiken
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jan 2 2007, 02:57 PM) *

I know the PCA is a national org, but it is broken down into regions. Can you participate in an another regions events other than your own "home " region. I am about halfway between two regions and may be moving closer to one of them. I was wondering if I would be able to enjoy what all the regions are doing around me.

Actually PCA national is broken down in zones. Each zone is comprised of several regions. The answer to your question is YES, you can participate in any of the regions wether it is in your zone or not. Have fun and enjoy PCA, it's got a lot to offer.
Ken, PCA since 1970
ws91420
So do I have to join the geographic region I live in or can I join the one I the one I would more than likely be moving closer to.
Eric_Shea
When you join PCA they will assign you to the Region based upon your city. You could probably call membership and request you be assigned the other region. That's happened before. We have people with summer houses that wanted to be in that region...
maitaiken
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jan 2 2007, 03:04 PM) *

So do I have to join the geographic region I live in or can I join the one I the one I would more than likely be moving closer to.

You should check with the membership chairman but I believe you can join the region of your choice. Again I am not 100% sure.
Ken...
Joe Bob
I live in Central CA, but I'm a member of San Diego PCA....my local region is full of whine and cheese cocktail weenies...
DanT
For a small increase in annual dues you can also be a dual member.

Primary membership in the geographic region you live in and your secondary membership in the region you play in.

Here in the SF bay are we have Diablo, Redwood, Loma Prieta, Golden Gate and a stretch to Sacramento Valley, and Yosemite.
Many folks from these regions participate in GGR competitive events and we do likewise in some of theirs...

Should not be a problem...
Pat Garvey
You can join whatever region you prefer. Unless requested, you'll be associated with the region most local to you, but any region is OK, if stated. I've been a member since '73 - live in eastern Pa, but a member of Ohio Valley Region. That's where my closest Porsche friends are.

PCA is definitely worth it for overall Porsche exposure. Heck, I even have friends who have water in their Porsche motors!
shadygrady
You sure can participate in other region events. There are several of us around Atlanta in the Peachstate Region that run DE events with 7 other regions at various tracks here in the Southeast. The PCA membership saves about $30 per event.
Matt Romanowski
Pat is correct. You can join any region you want (they will defualt you or if you do it online, they provide a link to the regions map). Dan is also correct that you can double up your membership if you choose. If it's a matter of finding out what's going on in another region, you can usually subscribe to their newsletter for a small fee. Most regions now have their newsletters online, so it's easy to read event write ups and find out what's going on.

You can do events with any region / Zone or even national events (Parade, Treffens, etc). It's really a pretty cool organization.
seanery
When I lived in Redondo I was assigned the LA region, I switched to the Gran Prix region because they seemed to be more of my style. It was as easy as a couple emails. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.