Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A couple of BBS features, please!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
First, the links up at the top of the page. The first one, "914world.com", takes you to the BBS page. So does the second one, "The 914 Forums". I think the first link should take you back to the main 914club page.

Second, table sizes. Some PHP BBSes keep the posts to the width of the window, except for posts which have very long links or large pictures in them. Others, including this one, expand all of the posts to the width of the widest one on the page. Could this be changed to the first style? It gets really old having to scroll left-to-right to see the whole post.

Yeah, I have a small-ish monitor. So do a lot of other people.

--DD
SirAndy
should be easy. just put each post in it's own table, not nested tables.

who wants to do that? jeroen?
Jeroen
Yep, Andy is right, I could go for seperate tables for each post

I'll have to look into this at a time that only few people are online, or I'm sure there'll be some nasty complaints (I hardly ever get this stuff right the first time biggrin.gif)

If I don't do it fast enuf... keep busting my balls. It worked for the "sellers location" in the classifieds (and I even got that one right in one try huh.gif )

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
There is a feature that turns off the entire BBS so you can do work on it.

It is a pain in the ass to scroll left and right. Something else I wish these people had (the BBS makers) auto image sizing after upload. This is what makes the pages scroll left and right (pics that are huge)

Let me know if you need help.

B
Jeroen
No need to turn it off.
If I work on it saturday or sunday morning / early afternoon there should be little or no people online.

cheers,

Jeroen
Dave_Darling
How about the "914World.com" link at the top of the page? The one in the bar that says:

"IPB Image 914World.com ->The 914 Forums ->Feature Request and Classifieds issues "

I think that first link, "914World.com", should take you back out to the main page. Should be a simple mod.

--DD
Jeroen
Nothing is ever simple... sometimes we're just lucky wink.gif

I'll check into that as well

cheers,

Jeroen
Bruce Allert
As to the picture sizes...
can you guys figure which picture size would be best to go down to for posting and give us posters that info? I scale down to 600x400 & that still seems too big. Even tried a res. of 60 instead of 72.
Got any ideas?
bruce
seanery
What do you mean by too big?

Are you having a hard time posting something that big?
or
Do you think it's too big once posted?
72 dpi is standard monitor pitch
Jeroen
check your photo/grafic software
when you rescale a picture (eg 600x400 px) you usually can also set the compression
(most types of software do this when you save or re-save the picture)
Compressing a .jpg pic will cost quality, but usually you can compress it quite a bit before it becomes actually visible

cheers,

Jeroen
Dave_Darling
(Thread resurrection!!)

So, guys--any progress on either of these? Separate tables for each post; correct "914world.com" link?

--DD
Jeroen
Hey Dave,

Thanks for bumping biggrin.gif
I need to get off my "lazy" ass...

Will work on it soon (I promise!)
And will add a "next page" to the bottom of each thread as well

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I'm not sure why we need the "next page" piece. When you are on thread with 2-3 pages.. its at the bottom on the left hand side. Just select page 2 or page 3 for the next page.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ May 13 2003, 04:11 PM)
I'm not sure why we need the "next page" piece. When you are on thread with 2-3 pages.. its at the bottom on the left hand side. Just select page 2 or page 3 for the next page.

i don't think we "need" it but i do agree a "Next" button of significant size would be very handy ...
Gint
Personally, I think the "next" button is redundant, but it won't hurt anything.

But the left/right scrolling large image thing deserves a "bump".
Alexlitov
bump for large images that make u go left and right
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.