Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: gas pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BatAc
The gas pedal is shot......actually it's broken down at base in two pieces..........the main foot part is disconnected.......but at the very bottom of base some rubber remains with the two screws rusted out and stripped.......is there a way to get at it from underneath???.....I've tried PB Blaster and vice grips to no avail......any suggestions?????????????
GaroldShaffer
I would think you will need to drill them out?
Hammy
I had the same problem......

I got one bolt out but the other kept stripping and the rubber base was stuck to the floor. Vice grips couldn't grasp it.
I soaked with two kinds of PB blaster (spray can kind and a drop bottle oil type kind). After a few days of soaking it still didn't come out.

After soaking it each day it finally came out after 4 or 5 days........ Sorry I don't have a better answer. You can try reapplying it each day and tapping it with a hammer. That's what I did.

If you want it out quick I'd try heat.
Chris Pincetich
I solved this with a grinder and locking pliers = crude but effective. Since the bolt heads were all rounded, I grinded 2 opposite sides flat, then clamped it good and twisted. Used the PB Blaster too, I'm sure it helped. Luckily the entire head of the bolt did not tear off! beerchug.gif
highways
dynamite.

deadhorse.gif
TINCAN914
BTDT... Exact same thing happened last year. I kept soaking it with WD40 and used V grips.. Came out, but took me a few applications of WD.. Don't drill if you don't have to, your creating more work for yourself.. Just my .02
ejm
Use a thin cutoff disc in a die grinder to cut a screwdriver slot in what's left of the bolt. Then heat the welded nut from underneath until it is cherry red and have someone twist the bolt out from above.
sww914
juice, heat and impact. heat and impact, and juice. no torque, impact. and heat. and juice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.