Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 at the SCCA Runoffs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
I just added the SCCA Runoffs, scheduled to be on SPEED, to our calendar.

Just wondering what class(es) the 914 might show up in. smilie_flagge6.gif smilie_flagge24.gif
Andyrew
2FST

wink.gif
Brad Roberts
FProd

EProd

GT2

and maybe GT3

B
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 18 2003, 03:44 AM)
FProd

EProd

GT2

and maybe GT3

B

This year only F Prod and GT2. 5 914s in F Prod. Top Porsche finisher - me in 14th place. smile.gif Speed coverage is Dec.7th at 12noon EST, and again on Christmas day around 4pm EST.
Look for a couple in E Prod next year as well.
maf914
Sports car racing fans, get those VCR's programed!

The Speedvision SCCA Runoff coverage begins this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, 12 to 3 PM EST. There are three 1-hr taped races each day. This schedule continues through December.

Mike
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Nov 18 2003, 04:04 AM)
Top Porsche finisher - me in 14th place.

All Right. smilie_pokal.gif Way to go Chris. clap56.gif
That is quite an accomplishment just getting there. pray.gif
We are all very proud of you. smilie_flagge24.gif aktion035.gif
Keep up the good work. beerchug.gif MDB2.gif
fiid
Where does one go to find the spec for GT3 and GT2?

I take it these things don't specify who's engine you use??

Fiid.
Brad Roberts
It has to be a Porsche engine. GT2 rules l(ast time I checked) called for a 2.9 liter 6 cylinder engine. FProd called for a 1.8. GT3 called for a 2.0 6 or 2.0 4.

B
J P Stein
The SCCA needs field fillers, so the let Porsches play......but not compete for the podium positions.

Not to denigrate your efforts, Chris, but this shit goes back years. The 914s just get some "extra" attention.

It spills over into Solo II. RTFRB and you know you're screwed. I do it anyhow headbang.gif
machina
If I am reading the 2003 GCR correctly, they allow up to

GT2
2808cc @ 2030lbs
2992cc @ 2080lbs

GT3
1968cc @ 1880lbs (-4)
1991cc @ 2080lbs (-6)

EP
1968cc @ 1920lbs (-4)
1991cc @ 2000lbs (-6)

FP
1679cc @ 2020lbs
1795cc @ 2020lbs

They only allow up to weber 40idf in EP. Is that enough carb for a 2.0 racemotor?

thanks,
dr
jnp914
Fiid,

You are not going to find the current, or 2004, SCCA General Competition Rules (GCR) and the associated individual class specs online. The SCCA will not do that, even though numerous other sanctioning bodies do. The SCCA claims the possibility of hacking and creating mischief with the online rules is too great. Instead, you can buy a great big mofo hardcopy GCR/Spec book, or get one on CD.

Any SCCA racer near you could probably give you a year old copy for you to scope out how the various classes are spec'ed.
edgetoo
The General Competion Rules (GCR) of Scca is the place to get all the rules. Basicly.

GP (G Prodection) 914-4 1.8, Limited Prep

FP 914-4 1.8, Full Prep. 2- 40mm Carbs, 38mm chokes 2020 lb with driver.

EP 914-4 2.0, Full prep, 2- 40mm Carbs, 1920 lb with driver.
or 914-6 2.0 .........

GT2 914-6 3.0 2280 lb ........

GT3 914-6 2.0 2080lb.....

(old GCR) check with 2004 edition.

Chris put in a great drive with a lot less car ($$$) than the others. (He has a great vidio) He drove a lot better than the 4/5 cars around him.
As he progresses with his car developement, he should have even better results!
J P Stein
Here's a litty ditty from SportsCar.....the national SCCA rag.

To encapsulate:

Vipers are required to run a restrictor plate in Touring 1.....to slow em' down, of course. This little goodie also causes the "check engine" light to come on.....which disqualifies them. So, the Archers & their Vipers didn't go the the runoffs....makes sense, a long haul for for a DQ, eh?...not to mention bad PR for their shop.

One Mr. Hienricy....of the favored Z06 sect, wins.....then has the gall to say "the Vipers stayed home.....just couldn't stand getting their butts kicked".....They put this as.......sportsman... on the cover of the mag !!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.