Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Pad "Cap" on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ptravnic
Curious... confused24.gif
highways
Saw something like that on a parts car recently. I cannot speak about the ebay product as I have not seen it first hand (but I suspect that the one on the parts car was it... ) It was a plastic skin that formed a 'cap'. It actually immitated the texture of the true dash pretty well. It looked like a new dash from 5 feet- but closer it looked like a cheap piece of plastic and you could see the seam- as it did not go up to the windsheild.

I would opt for recovering a dash instead.
Crazyhippy
My car has one, and i have only had one person notice it. That person Was Aaron, and he was sitting in the car when he noticed. For a driver, nno problem, for a show car, you have to go-reupholstry.

BJH
Brew
I had one of those thin plastic caps on mine when I bought it, and it was warped and wavy and didn't fit very well at all. It could have been sun damage, I dont know. They may work well and look good, or they may not, I suppose. You pays your money, you takes your chances.
dagdal1967
I've got one as a temporary measure (until I can completely replace the dash) and it looks fine. You have to be pretty careful putting it in, and it is (IMHO) not a solution, but a "band-aid" .

Doug
StratPlayer
If you decide to get a dash cap get the best one out there, redash made by porsche palace, will not need any glue to hold in place its held in place by the A pillars. The texture of the cap is amazing. Best one IMHO.

http://www.porschepalace.com/redash%20pg.htm
Allan
Anybody know the price on the re-dash?
StratPlayer
I think I got mine for like 55 bucks. They were selling them on ebay for a while.
porschecb
I bought mine from azbob? from AZ off ebay. Nice fit & finsh. Got to keep out of direct sun for any long stints. but I am happy!!! biggrin.gif
Rusty
I have a dash-cap on my 914/6 to cover unsightly cracks. Someday, I'll get a replacement dash, but even then, I'll still use the cap.

It doesn't fade, doesn't crack and will cover the dash to protect it.

A good 50 dollar investment.
solex
I put one on my car and it looks quite good (better then the cracked dash) I glued it in place and used a heat gun to roll all of the edges.
SLITS
QUOTE(solex @ Jan 3 2007, 08:09 PM) *

I put one on my car and it looks quite good (better then the cracked dash) I glued it in place and used a heat gun to roll all of the edges.

agree.gif A little trimming. Hey is $50 as opposed to $500. Looks good. Gonna buy another too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.