Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement Window Fuzzy Guide Thingies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
Well I recently took the windows out of my car and have decided it would be a good time to replace some of the internal seals/guides before I put the windows back in. Most of my stuff is in pretty good shape but 3 pieces I found haven’t weathered so well.

What I am looking for is a good aftermarket replacement for the three numbered items in the picture below (5, 7 & 18). Any help in finding these parts would be greatly appreciated.
smiley_notworthy.gif
iamchappy
A good substitute for the door fuzzy stuff is the loop part of Velcro.
or try Mittlemotor

http://www.mittelmotor.de/english/startenglish.htm
rudedude
iamchappy,
have youordered from mittlemotor?
Itlooks like a nice website but what about delivery times from overseas?
thanks,
jule
TINCAN914
Mr.Bill,
I bought mine from PP last year... Not to expensive as I recall.
william harris
Last year I got the same stuff from my local Porsche dealer - also not expensive.
Grimstead
Thanks for the info.

I checked PP already and inner window fuzzy is priced right ($9 a side) but the other two pieces are $51 & $32 apiece (ouch!). I was hoping that they were a common part (for that time) and that someplace had them cheaper.
solex
I got the outer window scraper and outside brush from GPR. The prices are a about the same....
markb
Yup, call Dave at GPR. He's got it.

BTW, replacing the fuzzy strips is a MAJOR PITA!. mad.gif
william harris
Yes, the piece that goes along the top of the door is a real problem. Seem to remember using some lubricate and lots of cuss words during the process. chairfall.gif
solex
I did not have too much trouble with the outer brush just make sure that the channel is very clean. The old brush will rust and may make it difficult to slide in the new one that is why it is very important to clean the channel.

I agree that the window scraper is a pain, but as William suggested use a lot of lubricant. I used petroleum jelly, I did not want to get silicone all over my new brush....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.