Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caliper Rebuild Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BenNC
I'm rebuilding the calipers that came with my SC front end. I have the rebuild kit, but it only included the o-ring and dust seal. Where can I find caliper halve seals?

Also where can I get replacement harware (nut, bolts, bleeder valves) to replace the ugly rusted ones?

Thanks,

Ben
Hoss
QUOTE(BenNC @ Jan 3 2007, 07:45 PM) *

I'm rebuilding the calipers that came with my SC front end. I have the rebuild kit, but it only included the o-ring and dust seal. Where can I find caliper halve seals?

Also where can I get replacement harware (nut, bolts, bleeder valves) to replace the ugly rusted ones?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben,

Ping Eric Shea. He is the caliper go to guy.

Cheers!
Eric_Shea
Ben,

Just answered you PM then saw this post.

Nut, Bolts, = Try Maryland Metric. I believe you'll be needing 9mm hardware. Measure from the base of the bolt head to the tip. You will NOT be able to find Ribe bolts like you have there. Try to source a allen head cap. If I were in your position I would source a local "zinc" plater. You could probably get all your bolts, nuts, spacers and caliper 1/2's plated for what you would have into new bolts and bleeders. Then you'd be starting fresh.

Bleeder valves = As above or look for speed bleeders. Most everything will come out looking like new if you can find a good plater. $20.00 is average if you have everything cleaned up.
Eric_Shea
Surtronics Inc
(919) 834-8027
4001 Beryl Rd
Raleigh, NC 27606-1451

or

Custom Gold Plating Co (might do zinc)
(919) 844-3434
7474 Creedmoor Rd
Raleigh, NC 27613-1663
BenNC
Eric,

I did the same thing with your PM.

Can I reuse the Ribe bolts?

Thanks for the plater info. I wasn't sure where to start looking for that.

Eric_Shea
Yes, you can reuse them. Make sure your plater knows what they are doing. They have to properly heat them after the bath to avoid hydrogen embrittlement. Shouldn't be a problem "at all". Every plater is familiar with de-imbrittlement.
BenNC
Thanks for the help. I'll see what I can work out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.