Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 Northwest Hillclimb Schedule
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nebreitling
Okay Folks,

Just published here:

http://www.nhahillclimb.org/07_Schedule.htm

Also, the Hoopa Hillclimb (not to be missed for you NorCalers!) is scheduled for July 28 and 29.

http://www.pulverracing.com/rscc_schedules.html

Despite my subtitle (got cojones?), you don't have to put yourself or your car on the line to have a good time at a hillclimb. As with many things, however, the closer to the edge, the bigger the rush. Yes, it's a long tow for not much seat time, but it is seat time that would be hard to replicate any other way. A truly unique experience!

Make your plans now!
McMark
Awesome!!!! mueba.gif

I'm still in for Hoopa, as long as there's someone to tag along with. biggrin.gif
nebreitling
Grant and I are going! We'd love to go up with you! Wanna drive your car up the hill, dude?
grantsfo
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 5 2007, 08:45 PM) *

Awesome!!!! mueba.gif

I'm still in for Hoopa, as long as there's someone to tag along with. biggrin.gif

Your definitely welcome to tag along. I'm really looking forward to this event.
McMark
I want to drive my car up the hill, but I won't pass inspection with my oil leak. I'm hoping to find time to rebuild the motor with a newer cam.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 6 2007, 07:41 PM) *

I want to drive my car up the hill ...

hey, if you get my car done in time ... poke.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
nebreitling
how bad is the leak? how long would it take to fix? i'd be up for helping you some saturday.
McMark
It's an engine rebuild thing. I experimented with case half sealant and lost. sad.gif Plus I want the new cam anyway. And I want to pull out my ceramic lifters (to save them for my 2270).
nebreitling
Oh. sad.gif
BKLA
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 5 2007, 07:17 PM) *

Okay Folks,

Just published here:

http://www.nhahillclimb.org/07_Schedule.htm

Also, the Hoopa Hillclimb (not to be missed for you NorCalers!) is scheduled for July 28 and 29.

http://www.pulverracing.com/rscc_schedules.html

Despite my subtitle (got cojones?), you don't have to put yourself or your car on the line to have a good time at a hillclimb. As with many things, however, the closer to the edge, the bigger the rush. Yes, it's a long tow for not much seat time, but it is seat time that would be hard to replicate any other way. A truly unique experience!

Make your plans now!

O.K. - having never done a hill climb before - is it for street cars only or can race cars do it as well? I am intrigued! drooley.gif
nebreitling
anything from stock mgb's to GT3's and formula cars are eligible. most organizers want you to have a year's worth track/ax experience under your belt before tearing up the hill.

they typically run a limited set of SCCA AX classes, as well as their own more 'open' set of classes.
nebreitling
mark: i had a bit of an oil leak in my car, and they let me go. if it's less than 10 or 12 drops overnight, it'd say run it.
McMark
Some of the money from the sale of my red car will go into the parts I need for the rebuild. Then it's just a matter of doing the work. The oil leak is embarrassing for me. I'm almost convinced though. biggrin.gif

I'll be the guy 'driving up the middle'. driving.gif
nebreitling
you know what just occurs to me mark? as a first-time driver up the hill, you'll have to sit through that meeting!!!!! LOL!!! laugh.gif av-943.gif
McMark
No way. I've sat through the meeting once. I know what they say. They can't make me do it again. wacko.gif
Randal
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 8 2007, 09:20 AM) *

you know what just occurs to me mark? as a first-time driver up the hill, you'll have to sit through that meeting!!!!! LOL!!! laugh.gif av-943.gif

That is not funny!
nebreitling
lmao! i'll be thinking about you guys while i'm at the bar!
grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 10 2007, 12:09 PM) *

OK what the hell arent you telling me about this meeting?

Oh I was given this shirt recently - I'm thinking it would be good "Hoopa" wear. biggrin.gif

nocones
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jan 10 2007, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 10 2007, 12:09 PM) *

OK what the hell arent you telling me about this meeting?

Oh I was given this shirt recently - I'm thinking it would be good "Hoopa" wear. biggrin.gif

Been wanting to take my 240Z up there for years now.
Perhaps this year I can make it with either the Z or the 914/8 depending on what is running at the time. driving.gif
nebreitling
Do IT, Michael. you'll have the power in either car -- and that's the key.

as for the meeting, well, you have to experience it firsthand to understand. happy11.gif icon8.gif yellowsleep[1].gif wacko.gif
nebreitling
For those interested in Hoopa, I've started a logistics thread on the "club" site:

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65942
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.