Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok.... so a 915 can beat up a 901
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
So it seems most are convinced the 915 is the way to go for a big 6. What does one look for when scouting out a 915? Magnesium?? Non magnesium?? Any particular year? Is there a magic part# that is desireable (ie; limited slip, etc...)

I really wanted to keep my 901 (shift patern. weight, linkage) and beef it up ala intermediate plate, 904 main shaft, but it seems no one thinks it'll last behind a 3.6.
redshift
Otto has one that seems to work fine, and it's bigger than your's.

smile.gif

I like the 901, who needs 1st after you are in second?

M
drew365
I don't have an answer on what 915 to look for, but I did see an interesting 914 today at my mechanics. It had, among other things, a 915 gear box with hydraulic clutch, a Wevo kit and a straight shift linkage that was much larger than stock and had a ball bearing instead of a plastic bushing at the firewall. Apparantly the car has been run and my mechanic is just going to sort out some problems. It also has front coil overs, a 3.8 motor and a fiberglass boxster body that didn't look bad. I thought it was a full race Boxster at first. After he's had a chance to work on it, I'll get some more info. Especially on the 915 box.
d914
use a '70-71 911 901 case with 914 gear set and get a 225mm reverse pull clutch. Bigger clutch for the horse power and simplify the cable arrangement. Intermediate plate and your much better off. I still wouldn't join the burn out club.....
redshift
yaya, skip the burnouts, burnouts are for rednecks.

M
-hey don't tell me... I are one-
Aaron Cox
yaya, skip the burnouts, burnouts are for rednecks.

M
-hey don't tell me... I are one-

"mah wife is mah sistah!" lol3.gif
d914
actually savannah is the only place I get to do burn outs, so much sand on the tires leaving pit row. Only time I look inpressive in first gear....
redshift
Pits? Pits? Pits?

The only pits I see around here range from 18"-29" deep, and are called "streets".

Welcome to Savannah, capitol of the Moon. I may go out to Roebling, get a couple laps on something smooth for a change.

wink.gif

M
Joe Bob
QUOTE(East coaster @ Nov 18 2003, 04:38 PM)
So it seems most are convinced the 915 is the way to go for a big 6. What does one look for when scouting out a 915? Magnesium?? Non magnesium?? Any particular year? Is there a magic part# that is desireable (ie; limited slip, etc...)

I really wanted to keep my 901 (shift patern. weight, linkage) and beef it up ala intermediate plate, 904 main shaft, but it seems no one thinks it'll last behind a 3.6.

How big a six....?

250+ hp?

A 901 can handle that.....just don't do any burn outs like I did...

If ya wanna spend money, send it to me......

I will do a 915 bullet proof trans for a big 4.....Gurannnteeddd Mikey proof.....
mueba.gif
Bleyseng
Do a search as Brad posted a 915 tranny post a few months back about which ones to look for and the bad ones.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.