Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid rise lifts for a 914 52" Update Motor pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
Has anyone ever put there 914 on a Mid-rise lift. It's the type that only goes approx, 48" high. How stable did it feel? Would you perform light motor work on it or pull a 914 trans? Really looking for strong opinions on this so anything goes.
The pic should give you some idea of what I am talking about.
Aaron Cox
lee -

good questions. i have played with 911's on these... and my dad and i were looking at buying one...

great lifts.. and no space issues
Mueller
PhillP(?) has one for his Buick v6 conversion...hopefully he'll chime in here
GaroldShaffer
Check this thread over on RoadGlue

http://www.roadglue.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101
DBCooper
I don't care about what anyone else says, I'm not getting under that Tahoe on that lift. I don't have any direct experience and don't think I'd have a problem with a 914, but that Chevy's not right. Looks like a human mousetrap.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 7 2007, 06:53 AM) *

Check this thread over on RoadGlue

http://www.roadglue.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101

Thanks Garold. That was some help, Hoping to get a few more replys from folks that have used one.
Heeltoe914
OK cant wait;

After two hours on many sites and and reading very good things about this unit. I ordered this.

http://www.bendpak.com/product_info.isg?products_id=759

I will let you know how it works out in a 914 garage
drive-ability
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jan 9 2007, 06:40 PM) *

OK cant wait;

After two hours on many sites and and reading very good things about this unit. I ordered this.

I think its a good choice, I am looking at one of those as well. I have a small one car garage and its a pain to put my car in stands. Theres just not much room to move a large floor jack around. It would be nice to just drive on and up you go. Keep us posted. clap56.gif
joea9146
I just picked one up from Greg Smith C0. The lift is very Sturdy
and works very nice I have not done any work on the car yet but so far very happy with the lft. It wieghs about a 1000ilbs

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Pro6MR-P...-p/tppro-6m.htm
Aaron Cox
group buy LOL
Allan

I ordered this.

I just hope you don't live in an area prone to earthquakes... smile.gif
Aaron Cox

OK cant wait;

how much was it? total plus ship?
Hammy
Holy sh!t! I'd be terrified to get under that blazer. 914 no problem though. Looks kewl.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 9 2007, 08:02 PM) *

OK cant wait;

how much was it? total plus ship?

Well after pushing the seller for a big discount and gaving him every reason that I should get one, from AA.member to Sam's club to Contractor discount. I got it for about 1500.00 with truck adapters that moves the lift ht, from 48" to 53".
Heeltoe914
Well I got it installed and working great this weekend. As a update to the question Arron had asked how much was it, After I had made the decision to order from a company on Ebay. I still was checking the FS adds and what do you know a like new lift in OC was for sale. It happens to be the same name brand makers as the two-post lift I have already. After talking and getting to know the person on the phone he sent me pictures and I sent him a paypal deposit.
So for 1200 bucks I got a great lift and some very well made and very helpful ramps that you will see later in the pics,.
Let me just say this lift has exceeded all my expectation. It is more stable than my two post lift and goes higher than I will ever need (51 “) with the optional truck adapters.
It's easy to move around if you have level concrete if not don’t plan on going to far with it.
What is great and the reason I went with it is so I didn’t loose any space inside the garage. Its so small it fits under the car completely hidden. The ramps I got where a great Idea from the PO who owns a show car NSK. (Add 1 hour to our conversation). The ramps make it a lot easer to get over the lift that is 4 ¾ above the ground. I would say for most the ramp will not be needed but if you are going to drive the car over the lift daily as a parking spot it takes the stress out of lining yourself up to pull over the lift and it gives you more clearance on lowered cars.
As you will see from the pics, the lift is high enough that you can very comfortably set on a rolling chair and keep your back straight with no problem, I had a guy who is 6’2 try it and he also has no problem setting under it.
Yes I can drop a motor, trans and front suspension with no problem.
Questions are welcomed. Have a great day.
Heeltoe914
more
BMITCHELL
Looks great, Leamon. Can't wait for the wrenching party in March.
Heeltoe914
Some have PM and asked at the other board if you can or cannot do a motor pull. Here are the pics. this car is getting a front mounted oikl cooler and a new trans, with all work being done on this lift So yes it is great for 914 repair.
If you are thinking about one and you are local drive over and put your car on it and see for yourself how easy it is to use.
I truly wish that back in my days of one car garages I had this option. The time and money I would have made and saved I can only wonder.
Heeltoe914
more
jhadler
Oh my goodness!!! I love it!!

I've always wondered how usefull one of those would be for working on a 914. Now I know. And now I -want- one.

I have no idea when I'll be able to afford one. But I -want- one...

That's going near the top of my future toy list.

One question. When raising and lowering, does the car move longitudinally? Or can you lower the car straight down onto that motor that sitting on that cart?

Thanks! And Thanks for making my wish list even longer...

-Josh2
Aaron Cox
HAHAHHA! i almost bought the OC lift off craigslist with those ramps!

i was getting back to him on the 5th or so email and he had sold it LOL
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 29 2007, 02:22 PM) *

HAHAHHA! i almost bought the OC lift off craigslist with those ramps!

i was getting back to him on the 5th or so email and he had sold it LOL

Well Aaron I wont tell you what a deal I got. biggrin.gif Next time give a deposit. I did before even seeing the lift. Anyway you have an open invatation to work on your car in my shop. I like the project you get yourself into. beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
very cool lee....

i think my car would like your shop LOL

AA
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Heeltoe914 @ Jan 29 2007, 11:16 AM) *

Some have PM and asked at the other board if you can or cannot do a motor pull. Here are the pics. this car is getting a front mounted oikl cooler and a new trans, with all work being done on this lift So yes it is great for 914 repair.
If you are thinking about one and you are local drive over and put your car on it and see for yourself how easy it is to use.
I truly wish that back in my days of one car garages I had this option. The time and money I would have made and saved I can only wonder.

How is the 4-poster for doing stuff like engine drops etc? I was planning on a 4-post lift in my garage....need those oil drip trays smile.gif
Heeltoe914
I think that you will be surprised at how much access you have to the underside of a 914 or any other car for that matter. I never had the plan for a 4 poster. It was simply because I looked at it as only for storage purposes, But after having it I can do a lot of work on that thing I got the service tray that allows you to put a jack in the tray and lift the car for suspension work. Its a little harder to get to suspension parts but it can all be done. It’s more of an all around lift than any other but you can even do a valve adj, with no problem. My clearance between the ramps is 40 inches. And yes with a Porsche get the drip trays I got three.
Allan
Makes me nervous. sad.gif

What about earthquakes???
Heeltoe914
I make a habit of not leaving a car up in the air over two feet. I lower all cars before closing down. With the four-poster it’s getting bolted down. But yes we had a shaker yesterday I went to the garage and all was fine but. I also have earthquake Insurance and fire.

I also like to live life not worrying about what could happen. Sure you have to take precautions but that’s just life. I often say to myself if I lived in a hurricane area my car would be five blocks down the road, In Calf, at lest the car is sideways in the same spot. smile.gif
URY914
There is a guy on F-chat that just bought and installed a Bendpak mid rise lift. You may have to join to view the pics but it looks good. He had to build ramps to get the car over the lift.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132632
URY914
here is a pic from his post...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.