Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Forum Name
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
This forum has a new name, something I hoped for before the "split".

Retitling the forum will, I hope, bring in a broader audience. Not, that there are going to be any fewer CW types hanging around - I just wanted to concentrate a little more heavily on originality & restoration for everyone, not just concours people.

Restoration shouldn't be limited to entire cars either. Lots of people out there have restored original parts such as fog lights, engine tin, etc. We want to see these and how you did it.

Pat
JeffBowlsby
Why not call it 'Originality and Restoration' then? I never liked the CW moniker...
TJB/914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 7 2007, 12:18 PM) *

Why not call it 'Originality and Restoration' then? I never liked the CW moniker...

I like the new name change & Jeff's idea is better. It will bring lots more interest without the CW confusion.

Tom
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 7 2007, 05:18 PM) *

Jeez guys, give me a break! Took 4 months to the name changed as it is. I don't like the CW miniker either (though I am one). Doing my best to make everyone happy, warm & fuzzy, etc. You all know what the forum is about - let's just do it!
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 7 2007, 08:55 AM) *

Retitling the forum will, I hope, bring in a broader audience. Not, that there are going to be any fewer CW types hanging around - I just wanted to concentrate a little more heavily on originality & restoration for everyone, not just concours people.

Restoration shouldn't be limited to entire cars either. Lots of people out there have restored original parts such as fog lights, engine tin, etc. We want to see these and how you did it.

Pat

Wellllllllll Either Way..........re the new name...
I do like the 'History' part though.....
One thing since I got here when it was a week old or soooooooo...
An astounding amount of 'onlookers'!!!!!!!!!!
There is not a huge amount of us throwing our 914 knowledge
out to the masses..
Although this will help..
To bring them to this area of 914dom !!!
And I do NOT care for the 'CW' phrase..
Call me a Q/Tip fanatic..Proudly put> "Yes I am" !!!!!
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914runnow @ Jan 8 2007, 11:07 PM) *

Pat

out to the masses..

Well, the CW thing has NEVER offended me. In fact it set me apart from the crowd (a guy with PIG as initials learns early not to be offended). Q-tip fanatic is good, but those little buggers keave a lot of lint behind, don't they.

Now, why is it that YOU aren't throwing your 914 knowledge out here? Not picking on you, or anyone else, but why is everyone hoarding knowledge?

With me, you get all I know (which isn't much) and huge amounts of sarcasm (& I do have lotsa that). But the bottom line is fun & history/education. Open up folks, we're all slobbering for things to talk about & take issues with. It's all in fun!
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 8 2007, 07:34 PM) *

Pat

out to the masses..

Well, the CW thing has NEVER offended me. In fact it set me apart from the crowd (a guy with PIG as initials learns early not to be offended). Q-tip fanatic is good, but those little buggers keave a lot of lint behind, don't they.

, wNowhy is it that YOU aren't throwing your 914 knowledge out here? Not picking on you, or anyone else, but why is everyone hoarding knowledge?

With me, you get all I know (which isn't much) and huge amounts of sarcasm (& I do have lotsa that). But the bottom line is fun & history/education. Open up folks, we're all slobbering for things to talk about & take issues with. It's all in fun!

Well to rephrase..re the knowledge..I try to get in the mix
as much as possible here only in this forum..
Also I meant the amount of onlooker ratio to Us that are a 'staple' here....
and that reply or start new topics......Which is fine.....
Apparently this forum is working.. and is a HUGE benefit to myself..
And 100's of others.. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(914runnow @ Jan 12 2007, 12:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 8 2007, 07:34 PM) *

Pat

out to the masses..

, wNowhy is it that YOU aren't throwing your 914 knowledge out here? Not picking on you, or anyone else, but why is everyone hoarding knowledge?

Well to rephrase..re the knowledge..I try to get in the mix
as much as possible here only in this forum..
Also I meant the amount of onlooker ratio to Us that are a 'staple' here....
and that reply or start new topics......Which is fine.....
Apparently this forum is working.. and is a HUGE benefit to myself..
And 100's of others.. clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

I thought about this for a while, and came to the realization that, regardless of forum - regardless of what we do with our 914's, we ARE preserving history - for now. Yeah, it may be a small cog in the wheel, but we're all keeping these beasts on the road. Interest in anything nostalgic only last as long as the last guy to remember it. Look at the market for Model A/T Fords. No movement in values for years. The 914 will be there someday too - fortunately, I'll be long gone.

So, thanks (I think) for the compliment. And remember, this forum is only a piece of the whole. People are always going to do something extreme to anything. I think about my first MoPar hotrod. Ugly as they come - but would put your tonsils into your ears. Wasn't meant to be - but it WAS! Why? because I had help from experts, just like we have here.

Point is - to each his/her own. I may be a CW, but I have my roots in hotrodding & fully understand the POV they have.

Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.