Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for *NEW* 914/6 heat exchangers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
There's a tempting item on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Brand new, never mounted, 914/6 heat exchangers. Problems as I see it: they are located in the UK (expensive to ship?) and the seller has a 0 rating (though a 2247 rating with 99.8% positive might just mean the seller is good at shilling).

No bids so far.

Skip
TravisNeff
popcorn[1].gif This ought to be good
sixnotfour
everyones bidding on this GT set

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have a brand new set of six heat exchangers in stock just to look at! We thought about framing them but it was too expensive (unlike our factory 356 bc wood steering wheel with horn ring)
Rusty
Do they look like these? wub.gif

IPB Image

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 8 2007, 04:23 PM) *

Do they look like these? wub.gif

IPB Image

We need to bolt these onto the last six and take that ride down town!!!!!
Rusty
They're in a very hidden, very secure place... I'd be too afraid of putting them on a car. They might get chipped or scratched. biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 8 2007, 04:27 PM) *

They're in a very hidden, very secure place... I'd be too afraid of putting them on a car. They might get chipped or scratched. biggrin.gif

Sounds like the genesis of a CW biggrin.gif
Rusty
Oh.... I could totally be a CW. I can see my self obsessing over bolts that are plated the right shade of cad yellow, wrapping them with scotch tape so I don't scratch them when I torque them down.

For me, it would be a completely slippery obsessive-compulsive lifestyle.
GWN7
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 8 2007, 04:27 PM) *

They're in a very hidden, very secure place... biggrin.gif

Lets see...

GMDJPO
OMEMS
AMCOM
SMDC
RTTC

and if that's not enough ...POE for a few Apache's to protect them

biggrin.gif Yep their safe
boxstr
I might be a little apprehensive on that auction. The pictures are the ones I took of the 914-6 heat exchangers that I sold. They were sold in the US. I guess they could have gone to a new home over the big pond. I would think that if the seller is legit they would take new pictures.
CCLINEBAYSPOOF????
mikeyb33
just wanted to chime in,
from the Dept. of Painfully Obvious Responses:

drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
drooley.gif drooley.gif
drooley.gif

that is all -
seanery
I was looking at those, Craig, and thought that those were your pictures.

Anyone report the auction to Ebay yet?
maf914
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jan 8 2007, 04:33 PM) *

Oh.... I could totally be a CW.

For me, it would be a completely slippery obsessive-compulsive lifestyle.

Plus you would have to strip that shiny coating off those heat exchangers and go back to the stock finish. laugh.gif
SteveL
I just sent the seller a question asking him if he could please take new pictures to show their current condition, as I know those pictures were old. Let's see if/how he responds.
Alison Baker
/////////
boxstr
I emailed the buyer of the heat exchangers first. To find out if he sold them to someone else in Great Britain.
If not, I will then contact ebay as to the auction being a possible spoof.
CCLINEBAYSPOOF
boxstr
The winning bidder just replied and confirmed that he still has the 6 heat exchangers. I can only surmise that this is a spoof auction. ebay has been informed.
CCLINSPOOFME
boxstr
The ebay auction is still on. I have emailed ebay, and the person auctioning the heat exchangers.
These are the heat exchangers that I recently auctioned on ebay, and this appears to be a spoof auction.
Anyone want to bid. Get me drift.
CCLINSPOOFME
seanery
I just sent this BS email:

These things are known to have sealing issues. Can you take a few pictures of where they seal to the motor so I can see if these are the early or late style?

Let's see what kind of response I get. wink.gif
boxstr
Only thing is it is 3:50 am over their.
CCLINZZZZZZ
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.