Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This may be the stupidest question ive ever asked
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrhurtalot
is it ok for SOME water to get into the engine bay?

im talking like no rain tray and heading home on the interstate but got caught in the rain.
biosurfer1
as long as you dry it out you should be fine, rust is not instant.

just make sure the water doesnt pool up and sit there for a long time.
McMark
What kind of battery do you have? wink.gif

It's not the water that kills these cars. It's inattentive owners. There are problem areas that any conscious owner should be aware of. As long as you aren't parking it out in the rain under a tree, you're okay. Check the hell hole as well as the other side to make sure they don't have standing water. If there is clean it out.
Dave_Darling
A really bad set of spark plug wires, or a really really bad cap will not like water in the engine bay. The relay board, if you don't have the cover, will also not like lots of water in the engine bay--like a car wash. It's fine with the cover on the board, though.

If you drive over 35 MPH, very little if any water will get into the engine bay. Or the cockpit, if you happen to leave the roof at home... rolleyes.gif (Don't ask how I know that! wink.gif )

--DD
mrhurtalot
oh i know the water doestnt get in the cockpit. haha pretty cool feeling with the girlfriend freaking out abuot her hair getting wet. but it wasnt. at all.

so basically, from what i just gathered, the rain tray shouldnt matter as long as i have good parts inside, and a nice clean heavenhole..

ps about the battery. i will be putting a new battery ledge in and probably will have like an acid mat under the bat. and there will be a cover over the battery too. will that help?
Hammy
QUOTE(mrhurtalot @ Jan 9 2007, 08:51 PM) *

ps about the battery. i will be putting a new battery ledge in and probably will have like an acid mat under the bat. and there will be a cover over the battery too. will that help?

Just getta sealed battery and you won't havta worry.
Dr Evil
Just figure that the /6s do not have a rain tray.
Twystd1
well...

If the sixes don't have them...

What do the 7s and 8s have?

C
Crazyhippy
horsepower....

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.