Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for this front spoiler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mugs914
Anyone know where to get one of these deep SE spoilers with the oil cooler cut-out?

Aaron Cox
performance profucts had em...

i think they are called the ultimate airdam or something along the lines...

they have brake ducts... but no oil cooler cutout (ron did that)
Mugs914
Thanks Aaron. I figured the OC cutout was not stock but thougt I'd ask.

I want to get some spoilers for the 3.0. I took it to Streets and 'twas a we bit twitchy comin' down the hill... dry.gif

BTW- Do you still have that ducktail spoiler that was stored out in upper Egypt somewhere?
RON S.

And the source iiiiiisssssss(drum roll)

A.I.R.

(awfully inaccurate reproductions)

I'll tell you straight up,there is no flare option with that spoiler even if they tell you there is,it'll come w/o it.

the fit was very piss poor.

If you can believe this,the oil cooler opening was 1"smaller on the bumper versus the opening on the spoiler.

there was a lotta cutting and re-glassing to make it look acceptable.

But,as always.That's fiberglass for you.

Ron
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ Jan 9 2007, 12:26 PM) *

Thanks Aaron. I figured the OC cutout was not stock but thougt I'd ask.

I want to get some spoilers for the 3.0. I took it to Streets and 'twas a we bit twitchy comin' down the hill... dry.gif

BTW- Do you still have that ducktail spoiler that was stored out in upper Egypt somewhere?

yes i do....
we would have to go out there....

el mirage dry lake... nearest town... phelan (pretty close). i go to mt high and go boarding 2x a week... but never go the extra 30 miles to the lake....

when do you wanna go ? LOL
sww914
I think I saw that spoiler on Getty Design's website a couple weeks ago.
Rumour has it that Getty's stuff is better than AIR's, but I haven't compared the two.
crash914
glass bumper and top pad??
iamchappy
I Patrick Motorsports has them.
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/cgi-bin/...cat2=&cat3=
Mugs914
Thanks Chappy. Had no idea he had those... I'll give him a call.

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 9 2007, 01:15 PM) *

yes i do....

el mirage dry lake... nearest town... phelan (pretty close). i go to mt high and go boarding 2x a week... but never go the extra 30 miles to the lake....

Ummm... How about the next time the SCTA guys are running up there? beerchug.gif
I've always wanted to see the LSR guys run...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ Jan 9 2007, 02:58 PM) *

Thanks Chappy. Had no idea he had those... I'll give him a call.

QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jan 9 2007, 01:15 PM) *

yes i do....

Ummm... How about the next time the SCTA guys are running up there? beerchug.gif
I've always wanted to see the LSR guys run...

you got it. way fun to watch....

last time out, there was a 914 with a rotary....
Justinp71
Does anyone know a good place to get the front bumper with the oil cooler provision (besides A.I.R.)? Also is the oil cooler shroud kit needed for the oil cooler installation in the front of a 914 (pic shown)?
andys
These guys have the spoiler(s) and the oil cooler ducting (at least part of it).
http://www.rennspd.com/ModelList.asp?ModID=13

Andys
Justinp71
QUOTE(andys @ Mar 6 2007, 04:23 PM) *

These guys have the spoiler(s) and the oil cooler ducting (at least part of it).

Andys

Has anyone used these from renn speed? Are they a better fit then most?
Van914
Jim at Patrick has the oil cooler set up you are looking for. He also has the front bumper FG with the oc cutout.
Van914
RON S.
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Mar 6 2007, 04:43 PM) *

QUOTE(andys @ Mar 6 2007, 04:23 PM) *

Andys

Has anyone used these from renn speed? Are they a better fit then most?

I believe they are just buying the stuff from AIR and re-selling it.

Several years ago I bought a pair of the 11"wide flares from them,and also a pair from AIR.I bought from each vendor,so I could judge who had the best fit.
I found that both sets of flares were identical in the sloppy fit.Hence,they came from the exact same mold.
The spoiler I have is not available with the ends flared for flares.You will have to flare the spoiler yourself.

The oil cooler cutout in the center will mismatch with the corresponding cutout in the bumper by about 1"also.That will have to be fixed at the same time.

Ron
Justinp71
Ron...

Is that just aluminum or chrome paint you have on the front bumper? Is it from a rattle can? any suggestions? I think it looks better than having just a black front bumper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.