Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: neighbors big walnut tree fell on my yard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
fortunately no car inside or any structural damage. If the tree fell a few degrees toward me, I would have been crushed at my computer in my back office.

Click to view attachment
slothness
ohmy.gif

Holy Crap! Glad to hear your ok, and that the Neo-teener wasnt harmed.
Whew!
TonyAKAVW
You see, the neo914/6 can never be destroyed, it has been prophesized. Further, there can only be one.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jan 10 2007, 02:44 PM) *

You see, the neo914/6 can never be destroyed, it has been prophesized. Further, there can only be one.

too much matrix and star wars movies for you.... smoke.gif
BigDBass
too much matrix and star wars movies for you....

I was thinking Highlander!
nomore9one4
Note to self.....stay away from felix's house. sad.gif

Car tent falls on Neo
fire in the microwave
Neighbors gasline breaks
Walnut tree falls in yard
added-Halogen lamp fell on Neo fender
rezron
Glad to hear you're ok! On the bright side, you won't have to be picking up the neighbors walnuts out of your yard and maybe your squirrel population will decrease! smile.gif

Can you tell my neighbors have walnut trees?
rezron
neo914-6
Not a great day, I'm "home" because my wife and daughter are sick, in the morning I delivered the neo to the show, after we set up three cars and I get home they tell us now we need to move them to make room for another booth, I log in and the tree falls literally in front of the office window. I could not open the back door or the gate to the back yard. On top of that my Ducane BBQ grill was directly in the path of destruction! ohmy.gif

They assure me they will replace everything but we'll see...

Click to view attachment
richardmosselman
Looks like that tree was being strangled by ivy-can affect the health of the tree and add an enormous amt of weight!(more than you think).
neo914-6
Forgot to mention the lot next door is getting leveled for a 4500 sq ft house. They cut at the base and had it "secured" to a "special tree" ROPE screwy.gif tied to a small tractor. They should have cut many of the branches but I guess they didn't want to climb. They almost had it fall into the empty lot as planned when the rope BROKE. ohmy.gif I asked them why not CHAIN... dry.gif

You're right about the ivy, it choked the tree and kept all the dead leaves up in the tree. If it ever caught fire it would have lit up like a fireball...
swood
Let me know if you end up needing a good "tree" attorney, I know one.
neo914-6
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 10 2007, 03:17 PM) *

Note to self.....stay away from felix's house. sad.gif

Car tent falls on Neo
fire in the microwave
Neighbors gas line breaks
Walnut tree falls in yard

forgot to mention the halogen light falling on the neo fender...

hopefully that's the total of my bad luck for 2007... laugh.gif
Tobra
looks like you just won a new fence and tent
GeorgeRud
If it's a walnut tree, check with your local lumber guys. I had heard that walnut trees are worth big bucks for their wood. I don't know what's involved, but you might check before you have them cut it up into firewood.
Trevorg7
Wow Felix. I am glad everyone is ok. That is unreal.

T
neo914-6
QUOTE(Tobra @ Jan 10 2007, 07:55 PM) *

looks like you just won a new fence and tent

They were going to build a new fence anyway and yes they said they would replace everything damaged. Interestingly they did not contact their insurance.

more carnage:
nomore9one4
Just be careful they don't screw you. My buddy's neighbors tree fell into HIS yard and crushed his shed and his Koi pond. My buddys homeowners insurance got stuck with the bill since it landed in his yard. sad.gif
seanery
pictures, take lots of pictures!

Can you sell the tree?
shoguneagle
Sorry to hear about the tree. I hope everything works out for you with minimum hassle, and there was not more damages/injuries than occurred. Keep the faith and find out why you /your insurance company are not dealing with his/her insurance company.

Anyway, glad you and your family are o.k.; 2007 is going to be a great year for you.

Steve Hurt
neo914-6
QUOTE(shoguneagle @ Jan 11 2007, 11:17 AM) *

Sorry to hear about the tree. I hope everything works out for you with minimum hassle, and there was not more damages/injuries than occurred. Keep the faith and find out why you /your insurance company are not dealing with his/her insurance company.

Anyway, glad you and your family are o.k.; 2007 is going to be a great year for you.

Steve Hurt

Thanks Steve, I'm looking forward to '07. Neo's got to be done by WCC and AR. I may need to find a new opportunity with my job situation. Plans are to move more positions and groups offshore to save money and increase stock value...

Good suggestions on the wood value, I'll call some lumber yards...

Legally I just hope they don't argue with each item or damage I identify. Maybe I should insist on working with their insurance company (if they have one). A total sum of parts and labor may be better to deal with.

Bogaat
Technically I would bet their insurance company won't speak with you. I had a neighbors house catch on fire and it broke one of my windows. Their insurance adjustor said my home insurance needed to handle it which would mean having to use my deductable. If they can work it outside of insurance, then do it. Just keep the pics handy in case you need to use insurance. Good luck!
GWN7
I'd be surprised if he had insurance. No home (being torn down) usually means no policy.

If they did have insurance would their policy cover them? Are they a licenced arborist? Their insurance might just tell them to pound sand for cutting down a tree without being licenced.

Hope it works out and I'm glad the car wasn't in the tent...
degreeoff
DOUBLE up on that wood it can be VERY valuable......
914Mike
jsharp.gif Too bad about the Barbie! Here's a pic of my "tent" (top is steel now) in November '05. I had decided NOT to put the Alaska Blue '74 in there the day before this happened...Click to view attachment Eucalyptus tree lost a little (12") limb, had the whole tree removed a week later.
anthony
QUOTE(faux916 @ Jan 10 2007, 08:34 PM) *

Just be careful they don't screw you. My buddy's neighbors tree fell into HIS yard and crushed his shed and his Koi pond. My buddys homeowners insurance got stuck with the bill since it landed in his yard. sad.gif

It's kind of interesting but that is the way it works with insurance when a tree falls on it's own accord. I guess they consider a tree falling an "act of god".

My tree fell and crushed a common fence. My insurance told me that they would only pay for half the fence and that my neighbors were responsible for the other half. If anything in their yard had been broken it would have been on their insurance.

In this case, since someone was cutting down the tree, it sounds like the tree contractor should cover the damage.
neo914-6
The contractor finally erected a new car tent and something behind it new_shocked.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
anthony
Building these monster houses in existing neighborhoods with small lots is just wrong IMO. I just went through this with the neighbors behind me. They wanted to put a 25 foot tall structure 15 feet from our rear fence. Fortunately the neighbor lost in design review and it's now 35 feet from the rear fence. They just poured the foundation and it just looks like it's going to be huge.
JPB
Death to all trees. Its an attack from the rain forest of HELLLLL! beer.gif
krazykonrad
You can at least take solace in the fact that your neighbor's new house is constructed entirely from cheap ass ply wood! Suckers!
Konrad
neo914-6
QUOTE(anthony @ Apr 8 2007, 11:06 AM) *

Building these monster houses in existing neighborhoods with small lots is just wrong IMO. I just went through this with the neighbors behind me. They wanted to put a 25 foot tall structure 15 feet from our rear fence. Fortunately the neighbor lost in design review and it's now 35 feet from the rear fence. They just poured the foundation and it just looks like it's going to be huge.

I agree, the whole quaint character of our street is changing from what attracted us to this area. There are now about 15% new homes on our street and this is or one of the biggest. The Building Code allows for 45% sq ft and this lot is 10k+ so all is legal and us neighbors can't do a thing about it. The flag lot to our right requires the Planning Dept and neighborhood approval but builders are gaining more power to build as they seem fit. The city isn't about to impede "progress" along with building fees and higher taxes are they? blink.gif

Andyrew
I just saw this thread!!! Sorry to hear about the tree (ya I know... a little late....)

Was over there yesterday.. the house they are building is stupid big... All the other houses in the area are rather small houses, and theres this house thats 4x as big being built.... its just stupid big..
Midtowner
"Anyone got a light?" happy11.gif
Tobra
QUOTE(richardmosselman @ Jan 10 2007, 05:46 PM) *

Looks like that tree was being strangled by ivy-can affect the health of the tree and add an enormous amt of weight!(more than you think).

exactly, that tree did not just fall over, it was killed by neglect hope they are insured adequately
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.