Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1972 Doors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
t collins
I would like to replace the rusty doors on my 914 and need to know if the doors from a 73 will fit a 72 body without any problems?
Thanks,
Rusty
They will fit just fine.

Doors from a 73 have cross bracing that make them safer, but also heavier.

-Rusty smoke.gif
nomore9one4
Yes! I have a set of '74 doors on my '72 and they fit perfectly
t collins
Thanks for the help guys!
Dave_Darling
You might have to update the seals along the side of the roof; I'm not certain the later windows mate up with the earlier seals correctly.

There are also (rare-ish) early-73 doors that have the later window mechanism and later windows, but do not have the reinforcement beam. They are lighter but a bit less protection from side intrusion.

--DD
iamchappy
Some do some dont. I have a pair of 73 reinforced doors that are to big to fit the opening of a 72, with non reinforced doors.
markb
The passenger door on my 72 (4/72) has the holes drilled for both window mechanisms. No bracing.
cantley914
There are also (rare-ish) early-73 doors that have the later window mechanism and later windows, but do not have the reinforcement beam. They are lighter but a bit less protection from side intrusion

agree.gif My 73 is like that.

Steph
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.