Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw some bargains at tweeks.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bperry
I was looking at buying some parts and noticed some incredible
blow out prices over at tweeks.com
They are having an Inventory reduction sale.

A few in particular were

$3.99 for a battery tray
$1.99 for polyurethane trailing arm bushings.

Lots of other stuff.

--- bill
GWN7
$189.99 for a bumper top
nomore9one4
$79 for a harness guide bar,

Although,double check shipping and handling. The last time they had a sale I noticed they doubled the shipping charges from my previous inquiry. driving.gif
bperry
A bit of an update.
Be VERY careful when ordering. For some reason the prices quoted
during ordering and adding to your cart are NOT the same as the prices
that show up when you go to pay.

I just got off the phone with them them and the prices that they show/offer
for phone orders is the same as the prices that you see when adding
items to your cart.

Best bet will be place the order by phone.

--- bill
nomore9one4
I just noticed they have the fender to cowl seal for 99cents. Now whether they have them still in stock is another thing.
G e o r g e
.99 fender to cowl seals
Tobra
Strange, when I tried to buy some stuff from them they said they were out of the fender/cowl seals
pfierb
I think Tweeks is going out of the Porsche parts business.
SLITS
I used to get a Porsche Catalog from MidAmerica as I ordered from them. The last two catalogs have been VW only. Draw your own conclusions.
BMartin914
I haven't got a Mid America Motorworks catalog in a long time...

They are or have already phased out their Porsche catalog.
vertigo
The last time I talked with mid america they said they were 'revamping' the porsche line. They were also sending me the vw cataloge, and I told them it is not necessary anymore
STL914
Mid American Motor Works started to phase out their Porsche stock early last year. I'd be surprised if they had anything left. Remember the Funfest? They cancelled that last year due to previously poor attendance. The owner of MAMW is catering more to his fisrt love, the Corvette. He also sells VW parts.
tracks914
I go there and only see clothing on sale. Got a link to the discount section??
A&PGirl
I just ordered some stuff from tweeks.com for my Dad and I. I called in the order and read off the part numbers. They had everything I asked except for the clamp kit for the battery tray.

tracks914- When you go to tweeks.com you'll end up at their homepage. There are some tabs running along the top of the homepage. Click on the one labeled "914". This will take you to the 914 section. What parts they have left are discounted in the subsections. If they have what you want, to the right of the price it will say "Add".
A lot of things don't say "Add". wink.gif But you can always write down the part number you want (whether it says add or not) and call in to ask.

914rrr
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Jan 10 2007, 06:56 PM) *

$189.99 for a bumper top

Just 'cause it's on their website doesn't mean they have it. sad.gif
No $189.99 bumper tops. No $199 windshield trim kits either. sad.gif sad.gif Just checked tonight.
I can dream 'tho.
Heeltoe914
There called leader adds. If thay can get you to look you mite buy something.
Check shipping cost.
KenH
Just got my Battery Tray $3.99 !!!

& it is the real thing.

Ken
914rrr
Just recieved my order form MAM / Tweeks.

The fender to cowl seals @ $.99 each were fine.

The $35.99 914 floor mats were absolute garbage. Wrong color ('charcoal' was actually 'light gray'), the size / shape was TOTALLY wrong (not sure WHAT they fit), and there were glue stains on both.

Their customer service department was VERY helpful, and offered to send a pre-paid shipipng label to return the mats without me asking.

I found their shipping charges to be quite resonable, all things considered. My $49 order cost $7.99 to ship. Charges are based on $ amount of order, not on actual weight. Possibly a bargain if you buy a cheap and heavy / bulky item, but may be a little pricey if you buy an expensive but small item.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.