Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track pics from Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
nine14cats
Here are a couple of pics of the Spec Boxster at Laguna Seca on January 7th. I'll have video cut down this weekend....

Here we are approaching turn 5.....

Bill P.

IPB Image
nine14cats
Now we are at turn in....

IPB Image
nine14cats
Apexing and on the throttle for the drag race up to turn 6.....

My friend and instructor Dan Thompson is riding shotgun....look at the right front tire, the car really likes the 8.5 inch rims with 255/40's. There is no rollover on the sidewall...

IPB Image
nine14cats
Leading the pack through the corkscrew... clap56.gif

IPB Image
nine14cats
Such a pretty profile.... wub.gif

IPB Image
Twystd1
That car simply looks fantastic...

I B seriously drooling looking at the pics.

Nice Job Bill....

You done good..

Clayton
nine14cats
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Jan 11 2007, 12:52 AM) *

That car simply looks fantastic...

I B seriously drooling looking at the pics.

Nice Job Bill....

You done good..

Clayton

Thanks Clayton!

As far as car builds go, this one has exceeded my expectations. We're finding that this car with a few mods is going to be very competitive!

Never mind that is just a blast to drive...a modern 914! aktion035.gif

Bill P.
Borderline
Looks great! Did you take any tire temps? I remember at Infineon you had some strange numbers on the right rear. I'm curious what was causing it and what you did about it? huh.gif
DanT
Bill,

BillP probably has the tire temps logged somewhere but as I remember in the am we were 90 rear 98 front
and in the pm we were in the 110-120 range front and rear.
Temps were very close across the face of all the tires. Now it was cool enough that obviously we never got up to what I would consider normal operating temps but the fact that the temps were pretty even overall and the tires are wearing very evenly tells me that the car likes the alignment and suspension settings...at least for Laguna.

and we weren't just putting around either. I was doing :49s in traffic in the AM on cold tires and in the PM Bill was turning :49s and :50s chasing a very fast 2.8 twinplugged, crankfired, 914-6 on big Hoosiers.

All the temps and pressures were with two on board all day.
Borderline
Has the car been re-aligned since Infineon? I'm just curious, as I recall the right rear indicated a lot of neg camber..High temp inboard. As infineon is mostly right hand corners, I was wondering whether the tire temps were really indicative of something wrong?

Bill
neo914-6
Bill,

Great job, very nice colors and the graphics were very well placed! clap56.gif
nine14cats
QUOTE(Borderline @ Jan 12 2007, 02:55 PM) *

Has the car been re-aligned since Infineon? I'm just curious, as I recall the right rear indicated a lot of neg camber..High temp inboard. As infineon is mostly right hand corners, I was wondering whether the tire temps were really indicative of something wrong?

Bill

The tire temps at both Thill and Laguna were both evenly spread across the tire. What was going on at Sears (at least first part of the day) was that the AR bars and the shocks were not set correctly. We were playing with the settings and found that I had mistakenly set the 4 shocks all at independant settings. One was full soft, the other full hard, one medium and one light. The car was WAY TOO MUCH stiff on the bars in the back. So the car was really heating the outside rear.

It's all better now!... clap56.gif

Bill P.
Allan
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jan 10 2007, 11:51 PM) *

Leading the pack through the corkscrew... clap56.gif

IPB Image

That's not a mini-van gaining on you is it? blink.gif

av-943.gif

Great looking car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.