Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remote oil
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Trying to figure out where to mount remote oil filter should be in the engine compartment as low as possible anyone have pics on where yours are .I have a cooler upfront with the lines in the pass long and I guess I need a thermostat after filter.Damm aint much room .Anyhel pray.gif p would be great
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(spunone @ Jan 11 2007, 08:03 AM) *

Trying to figure out where to mount remote oil filter should be in the engine compartment as low as possible anyone have pics on where yours are .I have a cooler upfront with the lines in the pass long and I guess I need a thermostat after filter.Damm aint much room .Anyhel pray.gif p would be great

the down and dirty location is to the right of the transmission on the bottom underneath of the trunk floor suspended down of course.
spunone
Got any pics George Thanks
eeyore
Because I'm nosy:

1 How are you getting oil out of, and back into the motor? Full flow, or some adapter on the stock oil filter mount, or a replacement of the mount.

2 What kind of filter? A remote spin-on or a cartidge type, like Canton-Mecca.

On the firewall, I have a Canton filter mounted on the driver's side, and an Earl's t-stat mounted on the passenger side (it's neat because it has 1/8 NPT ports for temp, pressure). Its is still a mess of lines and control cables even though things are made easier by using a DTM and ditching the brake prop-valve and the heater cables.

No pics right now. Sorry.
DNHunt
Here's where I mounted mine. It is under the passenger side tin bolted to the cooling shroud. There is room for a larger than stock filter. I used 1 8mm hole that was already drilled and tapped for the AC compressor I believe and I drilled and tapped a couple of other 8mm holes. One needed to be backed with a nut as I remember.

Dave
Aaron Cox
paul...

the super cool location would be on the firewall... below the engine shelf... above the right flap....

no jack to change oil then.... just go to the right side of the car... reach under and turn smile.gif

lower pass side firewall....
spunone
Sorry for takin so long to reply but I have a full flow pump with a Canton mecca cart filter trying to mount all on the firewall is going to bit of a task with the an10 hoses
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(spunone @ Jan 12 2007, 06:44 AM) *

Sorry for takin so long to reply but I have a full flow pump with a Canton mecca cart filter trying to mount all on the firewall is going to bit of a task with the an10 hoses

got a front cooler? than run it up front...

quit being a woman on the -10 hose LOL it will fit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.