Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Flair Goup Buy Update: January 11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
Just finished getting an update from Mia at AA on the flairs.

There are 33 sets that are being boxed and shipped (many have already gone out) at this time. The manufacturer had fewer sets in stock than he first reported to AA. Right now we have 41 sets sold, and AA will honor the price thru end of business day Friday.

When George opened this up beyond the 30 sets on Monday, we were under the understanding that the supplier had more sets in storage. These are large items and it is common that a manufacturer will store items for a client and ship as needed. This morning is the first we learned that the number was lower. Had we known, we would have capped the buy at 30. However, this is a great price on a quality product, so the last eight plus anyone else who wants to get on board will be getting a heck of a deal.

This means the manufacturer will have to produce 8 more sets. The steel is on order and expected next week. The blanks are then pressed into shape and each flair requires about two hours of hand work before they are ready. Mia said it would be two to two and a half months before the final set gets shipped.

Here are the options for the last eight people to pay:

1. Take advantage of a great deal and wait for the flairs

2. Get a full refund

Remember, this buy was originally set up for 30, and all of the first 30 to pay, plus three more, will get their sets right away. Everyone else was on a waiting list.

If there are people who have purchased sets and do not need them right away and would be willing/prefer to have some of the later sets, please email me at:

greg.robbins@cox.net

Some have received tracking numbers and more will be getting them in the next day or two. I have asked AA for a list of the last eight to pay so that I will be able to contact you directly and review options.
michaelt55
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 11 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Just finished getting an update from Mia at AA on the flairs.

There are 33 sets that are being boxed and shipped (many have already gone out) at this time. The manufacturer had fewer sets in stock than he first reported to AA. Right now we have 41 sets sold, and AA will honor the price thru end of business day Friday.

When George opened this up beyond the 30 sets on Monday, we were under the understanding that the supplier had more sets in storage. These are large items and it is common that a manufacturer will store items for a client and ship as needed. This morning is the first we learned that the number was lower. Had we known, we would have capped the buy at 30. However, this is a great price on a quality product, so the last eight plus anyone else who wants to get on board will be getting a heck of a deal.

This means the manufacturer will have to produce 8 more sets. The steel is on order and expected next week. The blanks are then pressed into shape and each flair requires about two hours of hand work before they are ready. Mia said it would be two to two and a half months before the final set gets shipped.

Here are the options for the last eight people to pay:

1. Take advantage of a great deal and wait for the flairs

2. Get a full refund

Remember, this buy was originally set up for 30, and all of the first 30 to pay, plus three more, will get their sets right away. Everyone else was on a waiting list.

If there are people who have purchased sets and do not need them right away and would be willing/prefer to have some of the later sets, please email me at:

greg.robbins@cox.net

Some have received tracking numbers and more will be getting them in the next day or two. I have asked AA for a list of the last eight to pay so that I will be able to contact you directly and review options.

Ok Greg...
if we are interested in getting into this deal...can we still do it? I mean, do we pay in full? half? what? I sent you an email...

Michael
SLKWrx
QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jan 11 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Ok Greg...
if we are interested in getting into this deal...can we still do it? I mean, do we pay in full? half? what? I sent you an email...

I would also like to see the answer to this question.
jim912928
Greg, I've been out all week and just got back. Do you have a number at AA that you can pm me to call tomorrow?

Jim
gregrobbins
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Jan 11 2007, 11:43 AM) *

QUOTE(michaelt55 @ Jan 11 2007, 10:40 AM) *

Ok Greg...

I would also like to see the answer to this question.

Yes, the Group Buy price of $650 will be available to anyone who calles before end of business tomorrow, Friday the 12th. There are about eight, plus any new buyers, who will have to wait until the sets can be manufactured. To get in on the discount price, you will contact Mia at Auto Atlanta and must pay in full.

I have been told that anyone who paid Monday and Tuesday will be get sets right away. About half of those who paid Wednesday will also be shipped quickly, and other half will have to wait up to two months as they get manufactured.
jim912928
Just ordered my set from MIA....she was a pleasure on the phone.

Jim
anderssj
Just ordered my set from Mia....as Jim said she was a pleasure to deal with.

She also passed on the following information--my account would not be charged until AA received the flares and they were ready to ship (about 10 weeks). At that time they would also send me a confirmation/tracking number by e-mail.

After 10 weeks or so, "Laissez les bons temps rouler!" biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.