Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a Rotissarie....Anybody used these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
quadracerx
Here is a link to the Twirler..

Looks good....especially the one that lifts for you...with the ram style jacks....from an 18" height minimum....

Anybody used this brand?

Here is the link:

http://www.autotwirler.com/models.html

Let me know...

Steve
jasons
I think most people build their own with 2 engine stands and some scrap steel. Of course, you have to own a welder.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we should have building instructions on line. Yes two reinforced engine stands and a lot of steel!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 11 2007, 02:46 PM) *

we should have building instructions on line. Yes two reinforced engine stands and a lot of steel!

i remember seeing those on your site years ago...

got a link? or please post the JPEG file
degreeoff
http://autoatlanta.com/tech/rotisserie_build.html

I built one myself from these plans.....I just used tubes ( ID/OD not too far apart) to make my ends no engine stand required it cost me 275 including a metal chop saw to cut and took me 1/2 a day to build

Thanks George....LET ME tell you it makes work SOOOOOO much easier...

Click to view attachment
tracks914
I have hydraulic jacks on the ends of mine. I have to have them so that I can take my car down and move it with the forklift and store it out of the way when I am not working on it.
Works for me. biggrin.gif
John
Here are my nearly complete plans. I built mine from this.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(John @ Jan 11 2007, 09:58 PM) *

I used those very plans as the basis for mine - which I just came in from working on my car on (not that you would know, mine turned out pretty different).

Buying a twirler is going to cost you bank. Mine was ~$250 for all the parts to make it. 2 engine stands from HF (the cheap $30 ones) and some steel from a local steel yard, nuts and bolts and casters from the local hardware store.

Heres mine. The orange bits are from the chopped up engine stands.
IPB Image
IPB Image

You will notice the the uprights are slanted out and then go up. This is due to the fact that the engine stands are on an outward slant. When I chopped them, I took this into account and squared them off for the rest of the vertical rise.

Zach
John
I really should finish that drawing some day ad include a pic of my completed assembly. I also have an engine stand drawn.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(John @ Jan 11 2007, 06:58 PM) *

Nice lines, when will you have the detail sheets?
tdsmoonchild
I built mine with some junk pipe in a field behind my shop. Just took some measurements and sketched a simple plan.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Bought the casters at Harbor Freight.

More pics in my thread below of it going together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.