--weber 40s
--Crank fire single plug ign
--ported heads/manifolds
--Euro headers

Anyone done something similar??

Thanks

Josh
bam914
I have a 2.4L six with 87.5mm pistons. It makes it a 2551 or something. It has 36mm I & E ports GE40 cams 10 to 1 comp. 40 webers. I have not finished tuning it or breaking it in. I did one dyno pull to 5700rpm and it is at 170 whp. It is built to go to 7000 rpm. I think when it is fully tuned it should make very close to 200whp. The engine you plan to build should make alittle bit more.
degreeoff
In other words my 1800-1900 lb car should be smokin fast!!

BTW Blake, are you using a stock trans? are you happy with the torque?

Josh
scotty b
I'm planning on a similar build (solex cams and MAYBE EFI) and expectulate to maybe be around the possible neighborhood of 210-220. confused24.gif
bam914
Yes, My car weighs 1850# and so far it fast.
Eric_Shea
HP Guess = 220
bam914
Yes I am using the stock trans. The only think I have done so far is flip third gear to fifth. I do not have an LSD yet but I will soon. It made 156ft/tq at the wheels at 4500 rpm and is flat to 5700 so far. I also have Nickies because the stock cylinders were cracked around the head gasket ring.
degreeoff
What is the third to 5th flip? I have to rebuild one of my boxes here and install my billet intermediate plate...sooo if I am in there??
john rogers
The engine in my vintage race car has about the same specs, slightly higher compression, larger than stock valves and flowed heads and a modified "S" type of cam. The dyno runs were 188 rear wheel HP at 6500 RPM and 186 Ftlbs of torque. The torque came in around 3000 RPM and went up slowly and was much nicer curve than the 2L high strung six I had in the car before. I tried my trans with K-Q-V but switched to one with M-S-X as the V was too low for 5th gear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.