Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 17" wheel options?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I'm thinking about a set of new wheels.

I'm guessing a 17" would be nice with about a 45 profile coming close to stock. However, I would like to know what backspace/width/offset I need. These will be going on a stock car, no flares, no rolled lips at all.

Any suggestions?
Joe Bob
IPB Image

Here ya go....the Michelin "Tweel".....
SirAndy
yet to be mounted ...

Fikse FM10's, 9x17 with 245-45 and 11x17 with 315-35 (Hoosier Dot R's) ...

see this thread ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51696
McMark
Did you check out the tire size calculator in the 914Info section? wink.gif
Carlitos Way
Yeah. I'm aware of the tire calculator application. But that doesn't answer the issue of how wide you can go, which backspace, and which offset.
Carlitos Way
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 12 2007, 12:11 PM) *

yet to be mounted ...

Fikse FM10's, 9x17 with 245-45 and 11x17 with 315-35 (Hoosier Dot R's) ...

see this thread ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51696

Thanks Andy, those are great wheels, but I don't think I'm going to spring for the 5 lug setup. That adds about $700 to the equation and I don't plan on going THAT fast. driving.gif
Crazyhippy
you can go as wide as you want, i have a plasma cutter.... and fenders are just extra weight! biggrin.gif
BJH
nebreitling
andy, those wheels are so beautiful.
Mueller
QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Jan 12 2007, 11:56 AM) *

I'm thinking about a set of new wheels.

I'm guessing a 17" would be nice with about a 45 profile coming close to stock. However, I would like to know what backspace/width/offset I need. These will be going on a stock car, no flares, no rolled lips at all.

Any suggestions?

7" wide with 35mm offset is about perfect for bine stock rear fenders...search for "revolution" to see some installed on 914's....205's are a good choice for a 7" rim...

if going 5 lug, you can go with more modern 911/boxster wheels which usually have a 50-55mm offset and use a spacer.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.