Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impromptu Tech Session Tomorrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
My house, 10AM.

Anyone who doesn't have plans is invited. JR is bringing his car over to get the tie rods installed and the front end Toe alignment set, and Dagdal1967 is bringing his car over to install the Stainless fuel lines so we can put the FI back on it in a future tech session.

If you want to come, bring chairs and any beverages you may want. I have a fridge to put them in.

RSVP me and I will send you the address and directions.
Rusty
Yeah... if you want to drink beer, BYOB.

It's too strong for short-round. drunk.gif

Grelber
PM Me w/ directions.
Grelber
Did you see the ice storm warnings for the weekend?
dagdal1967
QUOTE(Grelber @ Jan 12 2007, 02:56 PM) *

Did you see the ice storm warnings for the weekend?

Clay say's he's willing to brave the cold, so who am I to turn down help! I'll be heading that way unless it's Icy and all the idiots come out to drive. chair.gif

Would be nice to see ya Grelber.
spare time toys
What time is JR headed that way? I have Special Olympic Basketball parctice tomorow AM just behind Collin Creek Mall He might could stop and bring Lawrences stuff to you. beerchug.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Jan 12 2007, 08:40 PM) *

What time is JR headed that way? I have Special Olympic Basketball parctice tomorow AM just behind Collin Creek Mall He might could stop and bring Lawrences stuff to you. beerchug.gif

He was planning on being here at 10 am. You want to get up that early and give him the stuff?

spare time toys
Practice just got called off. I may just try to run this stuff over if it isnt too bad driving.gif
Red86944
Clay,

can we have a tech session on making my car louder?????

or can I come over because of my inspiring personality? smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Red86944 @ Jan 12 2007, 09:00 PM) *

Clay,

can we have a tech session on making my car louder?????

or can I come over because of my inspiring personality? smile.gif

Yes, you can come over, but you have to bring Travis with you... and his 914.

We don't need no stinkin' Water Pumping 914 wannabes .

poke.gif
Red86944
you are too funny.... Travis said that OLD teener cant come off the trailer.. it is molded on there....

remember you told me that all you wanted for your birthday was a water pump....

he is not sure if he will show up at 10, might he might make it
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Red86944 @ Jan 12 2007, 10:11 PM) *

you are too funny.... Travis said that OLD teener cant come off the trailer.. it is molded on there....

remember you told me that all you wanted for your birthday was a water pump....

he is not sure if he will show up at 10, might he might make it

Travis will want to show up and see what I got for Betty sitting in our garage.....

Something made in Indiana...... happy11.gif

biggrin.gif
jr91472
I am leaving McKinney around 9:15 assuming it isn't icy. I will call if I can't make it.

beer.gif

spare time toys
Did this happen today? Sorry I had some junk come up and couldnt get over there. headbang.gif
ClayPerrine
JR left around 1, and Doug and Travis Howard just left.

We got the outer tie rods changed on JR's car, and we put in the stainless lines on Doug's car.

JR's car needs new inner tie rod ends.. I suggested turbo tie rods. He is going to get them and we can do this again soon.

Doug's car was easier than expected. Chris Foley's fuel line kit is top notch, and it only took us about 30 minutes to actually install the lines, and we did it twice. We got them in backwards the first time, so we pulled them back out and reinstalled them correctly. Of course this was on my lift, and with 3 people, but we didn't pull the engine.

In a couple of weeks, we will reconvene here and remove the 2bbl weber from Doug's car and reinstall the L-Jet injection.

Stay tuned, we will post the date and time to do this. And we can make it a jsharp.gif .

Grelber
Clay: The wife had a bunch of stuff I "supposedly" had said I'd do. But let me know when you are getting together again. Maybe we could put on my new Crane XR3000 system. piratenanner.gif
jr91472
Big thanks to Clay and Betty for doing this. smilie_pokal.gif The Tie Rod Ends definitely improved the handling of my car.

Did a quick internet search for Turbo Tie Rods and couldn't find any that didn't include the "Ends" that we just installed. Not sure where to go next for this one. confused24.gif

Grelber, I can definitely help with the Crane Ignition.

ps: Thanks for the Calendar!!
psps: I got the Maverick Region worksheet to work too!!!
LowGT
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Jan 13 2007, 07:39 PM) *

Did a quick internet search for Turbo Tie Rods and couldn't find any that didn't include the "Ends" that we just installed. Not sure where to go next for this one. confused24.gif

I bought mine from Zims. They came with the ends and they cost $111.00. The only thing I didn't like is the nut on the tie-rod end is just a nylon insert lock nut. It's not a castle-nut and the bolt doesn't have a hole for a cotter pin. It's still working great on my 74 and the boots have not fallen apart like many other kits do.

http://www.allzim.com/acatalog/Turbo_Tie_R...11_912_914.html
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Thoward914
Finally someone asked for pictures.........

Clay and JR installing the new tie rods

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

the hostess ..... Betty

Click to view attachment

Getting ready to do the alignment, it's a dirty job

Click to view attachment

Clay explaining how it works

Click to view attachment
Thoward914
Clay calibrating the magic alignment device as JR watches
Click to view attachment

everyone was suprised by how high the fuel tank set in Doug's car

Click to view attachment

Doug checking to see if the fuel tank is male or female
Click to view attachment

Doug wouldn't say which one it was, what happens in Clay's garage stays in Clay's garage
Click to view attachment

Thoward914
safety first
Click to view attachment

pretty clean down there
Click to view attachment

time to yank the old plastic fuel lines out
Click to view attachment

Thoward914
can't forget the other one
Click to view attachment

JR thinking..that's got to hurt
Click to view attachment

fuel lines can be installed without dropping the engine, you just have to remove the shifter
Click to view attachment

from up there Doug can see all the way to the other side of Clay's garage
Click to view attachment
Thoward914
new metal Chris Foley fuel lines installed thru the tunnel, took less then 30 minutes. Clay putting the grommet back on.
Click to view attachment

putting on the last finishing touches
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Doug's car put back together, ready to brave the cold and freezing rain we are getting today
Click to view attachment
jr91472
av-943.gif

Nice captions Travis.....
ClayPerrine
Travis..

You have now earned the title of "Official Photographer and Scribe of the Texas 914World Contingent".

Thanks for the pictures and great captions. smilie_pokal.gif

Betty

????

Looks more like he's showing us how to do "YMCA"!

biggrin.gif
Betty
Doug checking to see if the fuel tank is male or female

Oh man..... made me laugh out loud! chairfall.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Betty @ Jan 14 2007, 12:08 AM) *

????

Looks more like he's showing us how to do "YMCA"!

biggrin.gif

Great.. I am the Rodney Dangerfield of 914World.com. No respect, no respect at all....

Even from my wife!

And the worst part is this gives Aaron more ammo to use on me! alfred.gif
dagdal1967
I won't say whether the tank was Male or female, but I had a smile on my face, so to SOME of you that should be a clue!!!

Thanks Clay & Betty for all the help and the pizza for lunch.

Not only did we install the fuel lines and get all of that hooked up, but we managed to identify that the shift bushings (The one that sits at the fire-wall) has slipped out of its seat. Man what a difference that made to have it put back to where it belongs.

I'll be looking for a set of bushings so we can do a full replacement. Then we'll need to re-adjust the shifter. It's a little hard to find 4th gear on a downshift right now.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.