Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paris/Dakar rally on TV?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Anyone seen any coverage on TV of the Paris/Dakar rally??
CCL
Zimms
Nope, I wish ESPN or Speed would pick this up. I could do without the bobsledding or Whips stuff. I think OLN has coverage, but I do not get OLN.
BigDBass
I only recall seeing that stuff on Speed well after the fact. I could be wrong cuz I'm enjoying some brews... biggrin.gif
gdonahoe
Craig,

Versus (formerly OLN) has a half hour report every afternoon. Been TIVOing since last Sunday. The coverage this year is quite good compared to the last two years. I still miss Toby Moody’s coverage on Speed from years gone by.

Gary
boxstr
I used to wake every morning and turn on speedvision, waitng to hear the lilting voice of Moody, and then see those dunes of sand, it was awesome.
I have not heard of Versus, I still get OLN, but it is not running , maybe in a week or two after the race has concluded.
CCLKLIENSCHMIDT
Marv's3.6six
Been watching it every day!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thank you TiVo

Robby Gordon smoked them all today. I predict Robby will wad it big time in true Robby Gordon fashion.
SGB
OK!

Gotta check the "formerly OLN' station. I kinda forgot about 'em since the tour de france ended so dysfunctionally....
boxstr
If anyone finds themon OLN or ESPN or anyhwhere I don't get Versus , post it please.
Thanks
CCL
Scott Carlberg
I just wished the *Wishlist* on my Tivo and searched for 'Dakar' Here are the results:

Channel: VERSUS (formerly OLN) ch 608 on DirecTV

Date: --- Start Time: (in CA) --- Duration: --- What's On:
1/13/07 --- Noon --- 30min --- 2007 Highlights

1/14/07 --- 4pm --- 60min --- 2006 Highlights

1/21/07 --- 4pm --- 60min --- 2007 Highlights

"coverage of the most grueling off-road race on Earth".

YES, the show on Sunday the 14th DOES say, 2006 highlights.

more to come, I'm sure aktion035.gif
gdonahoe
Craig,

I believe VERSUS is just OLN re-named. If you get OLN then you should have the coverage. You might try this link.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/mdview/tf...20DAKAR%20RALLY

Gary
gdonahoe
Looks like that link didn’t work. This might be simpler:

http://www.versus.com/findversus/

or:

http://www.versus.com/
boxstr
Gary Thank you, I found it, channel 32 on digital cable. Excellent.
CCLINDAKARRALLY
effutuo101
I missed 1 day, but caught up the next afternoon. Already have the reminders set.
nocones
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jan 13 2007, 09:55 AM) *

I missed 1 day, but caught up the next afternoon. Already have the reminders set.

For the computer inclined... browse over to advrider.com and click on the racing forum. There will find links to high quality bittorrents of not only the US broadcasts, but also the Australian coverage and also some European.
Enjoy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.