Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Donuts in Long Beach" coming up again Sat 11/29
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zeke
Last spring, a group of about 10 914s gathered for no reason at all except to raise the colestrol a bit and BS. This time we are meeting a restaurant in the Long Beach Marina called Schooner or Later. Starting at 7:00 AM, while folks are arriving, coffee and donuts will be provided until we eat. I have suggested that we not all eat at once, but take a table with your friends whenever. Trying to all eat banquet style just bottlenecks the restaurant and we never know how many will arrive so we can't reserve a big table anyway.

So, for those of you fortunate or unfortunate enough, depending on you point of view, that are going to be in the area over the TG weekend, come on down! Folks in 911s or 944s (or pickups, for that matter) are welcome as long as they have a interest in 914s.

Directions: From either direction on the 405, take the Studebaker off ramp and go south towards the steam electrical generating plant. When you get to Westminster St., go right towards PCH. Cross PCH and make an immediate lelt on Marina Dr. (big sign, "Marina"). Go around the bend just past West Marine and pull inot the marina parking. There will be a cone or something. We'll have a whole row to our selves. Someone will be with the cars the whole time, and if we eat on the patio (can you say "nice weather, please?) we can see the cars. See ya there.
Brad Roberts
I'll give this until Monday and then we will post it up top.

Isnt Thanksgiving on the 27th ?? Last Thursday of the month ??

B
Scott Carlberg
Isnt Thanksgiving on the 27th ?? Last Thursday of the month ??

Yes, it is.
agree.gif
Brad Roberts
I was just surprised he was holding something on a weekend where most people have relatives in town..

Oh wait.. maybe he is onto something...LOL Damn Milt.. why didnt I think of that. clap56.gif

B
skline
I will bet we have a larger turnout this year. I already know of more people that are coming than last year.
Zeke
QUOTE(skline @ Nov 20 2003, 05:16 AM)
I will bet we have a larger turnout this year. I already know of more people that are coming than last year.

Really. Can you give me a rough number. I'd hate to run out of donuts. chowtime.gif icon8.gif
Elliot_Cannon
Hi,
It looks like I won't make it this year. I could have brought the 914 this tiime. It looks like I'll be in Hong Kong or on the way back on the 29th. I leave Thanksgiving morning, cross the date line and land in Hong Kong the next day! Great way to spend the holiday.
Cheers, Elliot
Scott Carlberg
Zeke/Milt,

are helmets mandatory? laugh.gif

Can they be? driving.gif
Malmz
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 20 2003, 01:22 AM)
I was just surprised he was holding something on a weekend where most people have relatives in town..

Oh wait.. maybe he is onto something...LOL Damn Milt.. why didnt I think of that. clap56.gif

B

Yup, holiday weekends always hose me...

Maybe next time!

sm
bernbomb914
milt made it last time but will be in Santa Barbara that weekend. had a good time and loved those nickies that Char;es brought.

Bernie
Zeke
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Nov 20 2003, 12:05 PM)
Zeke/Milt,

are helmets mandatory?        :lol:

Can they be?          :driving:

Maybe I should bring some more cones unsure.gif

You know, someday I might have the ultimate donut festival, like renting a track for a day MDB2.gif

But, I won't wear mine if you don't wear yours.
Steve
I will have to check on the relative situation before I can commit.
I had a great time at the last one.

Steve
skline
I am going to guess about 10 or more cars. Joe's wife is ready to pop out another special package so he may come and have to leave all of a sudden. Or it may come today while he is supposed to be helping me get my car going for next weekend. I will be going over today or tomorrow to see if my 2 neighbors with teeners want to go. I still think it will be a good turnout. confused24.gif
Zeke
Just bumping it up one last time making sure everyone gets to see this. 10 cars sounds great!
skline
Well, Congrats out to Joe Buckle, his wife popped out a beautiful baby girl last night around 10:30. He wants to go, but being so close to the birth, I dont know if he will leave her side or not. Depends on family. My neighbor wants to go so there is another one. I still have to get mine running as soon as I have time to finish it. Probably Thursday or Friday. See you all there around 7
Brad Roberts
I forgot to pin it last night.. its up there now.

B
Not Dr. Evil Anymore
I hope that I can get my shit bucket up there. If not I will possibly ride in with James (red-beard) in the bitch seat.....stupid, wonderful car.
KaptKaos
Last time was great. Can't come this time though. Please eat an extra donut for me!

- Joe
ematulac
Hi all,

I'm new to the forums, but I'm gonna try and make it.

Gonna try and squirm my way out of holiday shopping in the morning, and I may take my 2 year-old with me.

Hope to see y'all there!

Ed M.

smile.gif
Aaron Cox
i was planning on going, but i might not make it this time sad.gif
Zeke
Just want to let everyone know that we're definatley on for the morning. I hope I run out of donuts and coffee due to the fact that so many show up. Of course, we're right next to Schooner or Later, so we can get a refill, but I'll have 40 cups of Starbucks to start with along with about 3 -4 doz. Krispy Kreme. Weather is gonna be great, git yur car out! See ya there.
Steve
See you guy's tomorrow!!
I got last minute double secret permission to go!!

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.