Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Craigslist, Kent WA, 73 1.7, 13k miles, $2500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
Craigslist Ad

Don't know anything about it, just saw the ad. If it really only has 13000 miles and isn't rusted too bad, might be a good deal for someone.
boxstr
Rand, this one was around about 9 months ago, I spoke to the guy and Kevin went by. Not 13K more like 130k twice.He's back.
CCLINMYLIST
Rand
Oy. LOL. I thought 13k sounded too good to be true.

Thanks for posting Craig. May save somebody some time.
rhodyguy
the guy thinks it's gold. as i remember...color change (poor), rusty pos, and firm on the price. it ran when he parked it. "easy resto" were his words. his smile disappeared when i told the owner "it's a barely $500 parts car to me". his parting words were "someone will give me my price". i wished his good luck on his sale and drove home. oh...when i got there the car was not under cover. full of water, damage to every body panel, torn trunk hinge pivots, he was a pretty good sized guy and i had HIM do the 'big butt test" and it failed, yada yada yada.

k
RustyWa
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 13 2007, 08:57 AM) *

the guy thinks it's gold. as i remember...color change (poor), rusty pos, and firm on the price. it ran when he parked it. "easy resto" were his words. his smile disappeared when i told the owner "it's a barely $500 parts car to me". his parting words were "someone will give me my price". i wished his good luck on his sale and drove home. oh...when i got there the car was not under cover. full of water, damage to every body panel, torn trunk hinge pivots, he was a pretty good sized guy and i had HIM do the 'big butt test" and it failed, yada yada yada.

k

Hey Kevin, when you looked at this car, was it located close to downtown Kent, up that steep hill near Earthworks Park?
rhodyguy
i just spoke with craig. it's not the same green car as i replied to but we're pretty sure i looked at this one as well. when i looked it was parked in an empty out of business used car just off auburn way near where auburn vw used to be. iirc and if it's the right car, the pass side front fender was wacked hard near turn signal housing, among other problems. note that area isn't shown in the picture. the first one i refered to above was near 272nd and directly adjacent to the west side of I-5. it was a cl listing in oct (iirc). both were exspensive parts cars to me.

k

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.