Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geeze guys.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
alpha434
Alright. Here it is. I'm not that active anymore. But I'm seeing more and more that this "split" is destroying us. Here's what I want to put out.

I wasn't around for the split. I was here before, and I was here after. I signed back on to Brad's site one day thinking that there had been another hacker attack.

When I was there. Brad treated me and the other members like gold. He even put up a "rant" section where he could address complaints personally. It was good.

But I came back here, because the content is here and I like having the history handy.

The admin team here. They also treat me and other members like gold. This place is how I remember it (for the most part.) I love it.

I want to compliment all the admins. ALL of them. Brad's group too. You all work very hard for this. I'm thankful.

Now. What I want to point out is that there is the same ultimate goal. 914club will live on, one way or another. I just don't want to see any of the content lost or taken away. I don't want ot see the club split up. I don't want there to be 2 or 3 or 4 "Ultimate" 914 resources. Before, there was one. And no matter how many clubs pop up, none of them will amount to the one.

It hurts us all to be divided. What can I do. I feel so helpless to sit and watch this crumble away.
Rand
I'm with ya Chris. Sadly, there's a very tiny handful of people who are CONTINUING to chip away. I wish the drama queens would chill and let the dust settle all the way.

We should ALL be thriving on the people and the information that contribute to our cars and camaraderie instead of the sickness. Why does anyone get anything out of continually poking a wound? That's messed up. Let's HEAL instead!
Dr. Roger
Rand said it right. =-)

Amen brother!
TravisNeff
the club split is like divorcing parents and we are the kids. At some point everyone will figure out that you can't go back and change the past and you move on with each one of the sites and love them for what they are.

Some kids take a little longer to figure this out. dry.gif
alpha434
I can't exactly blame Brad for wanting his vision of the club to mature. I can't blame our admin team for wanting it to stay the same.

What I'm saying is... can we compromise. Seperating won't help anyone. It'll be war.
alpha434
My parents still hate each other. And I still eat crap over it.
Gint
I understand how you feel, but posts like this one will probably hurt more than help the situation.
Twystd1
Alpha,

You are one of my favorite nut cases.

PLEASE stick around.

I miss your ...well....Ummm....UUUhhhhhh...BluRrr

Whatever the hell you bring to the party.

It's a good time.

And I dig your LEGO competition. Dats good stuff...

Cheers to you Amigo...

Clayton
scotty b
Where has M been ? sheeplove.gif I know he showed up at NARP as marbles but I haven't seen him here yet.......
GWN7
M got a new P car and has been reported in several states....altho reported isn't quite what they call it when your picture is on the Post Office wall..........
DerekKim
That is it! I'm going to start a new forum called the United 914ers.... Lol yeah I have NO idea what the split was about and I don't have time to read all the posts about it. It's just sad that the community is slowly seperating. I was sad when the Archive stuff etc was gone for a bit. I'm glad it is back now! Good work guys!

Oh and if anyone wants to let me know what happened in like 3 sentences please go ahead.
914 Watcher
Explaning what happened in three sentences- here it goes;

Brad copyrighted the 914club domain years ago under his own name- even though the guy from Roadglue was involved in concieving the idea as well. In December, Brad decided he was sitting on a money maker with so many new members and wanted to start cashing in and go 'for profit'. Brad got it in his head that he owned everything since he had a domain copyright. Sir Andy (vice president) and all of other admins /board members wanted to keep operating free and non profit. A crisis arose. Joe Sharp posted a satirical avatar pic of himself in an orange San Bernardino County Jail jumpsuit- mugshot style- recalling the days when Brad was convicted of stealing 914 prototype #4 and spent 8 days in jail. Club members raised approx $14,000 to bail him out back then, it was never paid back. Joes joke centered on the idea that Brad shouldn't start charging members since they had bailed his ass out in a serious time of need. Brad didn't find the joke funny and called him a 'shit starter'. Joe left 914club and started clubnarp.com. Then Brad transfered a few thousand dollars of the 'clubs' money into his own bank account. Legally he was supposed to notify another admin or the VP before doing so. MikeZ was stuck with mucho money out of pocket since he had just personally funded the purchasing of 914club goodies- which were now unfortunately branded with Brad's new private 914club company project logo. Sir Andy who was providing the server computers, and his time and expertise- all free of charge, decided to show Brad who owned what. The servers that ran 914club were taken offline. Multiple clubs sprung up out of nothing. The majority of old admins aside from Brad formed 914world based on a non-profit mission statement. After two weeks Brad capitulated to 'letting the old content be split between two sites'. Andy provided copies of old content to both 914world and 914club. Brad called up any old friend he could think of out of the woodwork (and their wives too) and asked them to join his new solo venture 914club to show support. Brad started many 'happy' threads and he LOL alot. His 'friends' took extra measures to say what a terrific guy he was. Not everyone agreed. Alot of people who gave him money asked for it back. Now most 914 enthusiasts continue to enjoy contributing to a non-profit 914 message board- 914world.com with the understanding that it's about people, ideas, and cars.

Was that three sentences? Oops. I tried. confused24.gif I'm just an observer recounting what I saw. popcorn[1].gif
PORobinSCHE
Watcher,THANK YOU! beerchug.gif that is the best background story> now i understand alot more of the previous CRAP that happened.

i am glad i am just a doof with an old rusty car! chairfall.gif
Joe Bob
yup.....no comment on the above....but I'm still waiting on my $$$$
Bleyseng
QUOTE(914 Watcher @ Jan 13 2007, 11:33 PM) *

Brad copyrighted the 914club domain years ago under his own name- even though the guy from Roadglue was involved in concieving the idea as well. In December, Brad decided he was sitting on a money maker with so many new members and wanted to start cashing in and go 'for profit'. Brad got it in his head that he owned everything since he had a domain copyright. Sir Andy (vice president) and all of other admins /board members wanted to keep operating free and non profit. A crisis arose. Joe Sharp posted a satirical avatar pic of himself in an orange San Bernardino County Jail jumpsuit- mugshot style- recalling the days when Brad was convicted of stealing 914 prototype #4 and spent 8 days in jail. Club members raised approx $14,000 to bail him out back then, it was never paid back. Joes joke centered on the idea that Brad shouldn't start charging members since they had bailed his ass out in a serious time of need. Brad didn't find the joke funny and called him a 'shit starter'. Joe left 914club and started clubnarp.com. Then Brad transfered a few thousand dollars of the 'clubs' money into his own bank account. Legally he was supposed to notify another admin or the VP before doing so. MikeZ was stuck with mucho money out of pocket since he had just personally funded the purchasing of 914club goodies- which were now unfortunately branded with Brad's new private 914club company project logo. Sir Andy who was providing the server computers, and his time and expertise- all free of charge, decided to show Brad who owned what. The servers that ran 914club were taken offline. Multiple clubs sprung up out of nothing. The majority of old admins aside from Brad formed 914world based on a non-profit mission statement. After two weeks Brad capitulated to 'letting the old content be split between two sites'. Andy provided copies of old content to both 914world and 914club. Brad called up any old friend he could think of out of the woodwork (and their wives too) and asked them to join his new solo venture 914club to show support. Brad started many 'happy' threads and he LOL alot. His 'friends' took extra measures to say what a terrific guy he was. Not everyone agreed. Alot of people who gave him money asked for it back. Now most 914 enthusiasts continue to enjoy contributing to a non-profit 914 message board- 914world.com with the understanding that it's about people, ideas, and cars.

Was that three sentences? Oops. I tried. confused24.gif I'm just an observer recounting what I saw. popcorn[1].gif

Who an the fuck are you cuz I would like to meet you at the Red Light district tonight to discuss this personally. What a bunch of shit.....

Really, meet me.....I am in Amsterdam now...

Geoff mad.gif tired of people posting shit .... dry.gif
SLITS
Some of the stuff that happened will never be made public ... so leave it at that.

It's done .... it will not be repaired .... we have all made our choices.

I like mine. I visit here from time to time.

Post whatever you want ... it doesn't effect me anyway.
alpha434
Would an admin please delete this thread. I don't want to escalate anything or cause any trouble of my own accord. Thanks.
Joe Bob
Sorry, we are going to leave it.
DerekKim
Actually this probably saved me LOADS of time.. Thanks for the information. Yeah I don't care what happens so long as I don't have to pay for info and I don't have to donate. I couldn't afford it forcing me to stop getting on here and actually doing work on my car! Dig it!

Derek
nomore9one4
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 14 2007, 05:30 PM) *

Alpha's a stromberg.gif stirrer. dumbass.gif blowup.gif biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
I like the divorce metaphor...sad but true. 914Club is still a great place to read about race car mods and get the Brad advice if that's what you seek. When you surf there, you are considered a Brad client and must rememer who/what you are contributing to.

I prefer the atmosphere in this World. I feel it benefits more types of people, and the advice is great and not so one-sided. Honestly, I feel the folks here are more mature for not slamming and flamming regarding the events that transpired..
Am I the only one having fun jumping around to all the web sites?
Shout out to Roadglue.com = quality not quantity
nomore9one4
besides this club makes me want to tunez.gif monkeydance.gif
Twystd1
OK,

It's time somebody layed it on the line.

AND TOLD THE TRUTH...

SO HERE IT GOES...
ALPHA,

IT ALL HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU...!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Bro......

C
sww914
I thought we were done with this shit.
GTPatrick
It's all like a divorce , been there done that and gotten screwed . That which does not kill us only makes us stronger .

But really it's time that we all get on with our 914 lives which seems to be happening for most of us drunk.gif except for a few standouts who never want to forget. WTF.gif

The war is over so lets get on with what's important to us . Our 914's and drinking copious amounts of beer ! ! ! beerchug.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

This is all a good thing so party on bro's . party.gif

Hats off to the administrators of this website for making all of this possible. Also, to Sir Andy wherever you are , party on dude . beer.gif
Pat Garvey
In the words of Don Henley - "get over it!"

In my words - "get on with it". Oh, I forgot, we already are.

Nevermind
Yack.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jan 13 2007, 07:18 PM) *

I can't exactly blame Brad for wanting his vision of the club to mature. I can't blame our admin team for wanting it to stay the same.

What I'm saying is... can we compromise. Seperating won't help anyone. It'll be war.

Why do you feel there has to be a compromise? Brad got what he wanted, world.com people got what they wanted and narp got what they wanted. Everyone of those sights are a mouse click away, I typically have two sites up at once anyway and you can guess which ones they are........I think the addition of Dr. 914 along with some other good new members has been great....makes you wonder why they are here and at narp and not over there?

We don't need no fuching compromise. Ahhh....you're still young and idealistic, hang in there grasshopperII, lots of times there are no compromises in life. ricola.gif
scotty b

25.... dry.gif .......25 is WAAAAYYY more than 3. You should have gone with 2, you could have been the closest without going over. Watch more "Price Is Right" maybe you'll get further along in life thumb3d.gif
bondo
QUOTE(sww914 @ Jan 14 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Maybe these guys can build us a sewer! biggrin.gif

(bad inside joke)
dr914@autoatlanta.com

Wat u meegedeeld heeft is echt schokkerend en ik had er geen idee van. Ongelooflijk dat zo'n blijkbaar onderhandse kerel support krijgt van enig lid of van enige club. Wie zou er lid willen zijn van een club die gerunt wordt door een kerel die een auto gestolen heeft en dan wanneer de club hem gered heeft geweigerd heeft het bailgeld terug te betalen. Hij moet een charismatische kerel zijn om nog zo'n volging te hebben.
ChrisFoley
Chris (alpha434),
What 914watcher posted bears only slight resemblance to the events that lead up to the split. Most of it borders on absolute crap.
Everyone was caught by surprise with the way things unwound and those in a position of responsibility did their best to resolve things without destroying the sense of community and the friendships that have been cultivated over the last 4 years.
Both sites have a good purpose and both sites are being run by people dedicated to enjoyment of 914s. As these sites mature, they will more clearly represent the philosophy that is their backbone. Visit both as often as you can and if you can't continue doing that, pick the one that reflects your preferences the best. There's no reason to see it as one vs. the other.
Chris
ppickerell
"Brad started many 'happy' threads and he LOL alot."

LOL. that's some funny shit right there! Just like Mary Poppins "just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down!"
alpha434
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 14 2007, 08:30 PM) *

Mike, I fuchin' hate you!

It's ok to leave it. I just didn't want to cause trouble. On the other hand, this thread seems somewhat beneficial. I tried figuring out what happened over on brad's site. No such luck. '914 watcher' did a better job of explaining what happened.

P.S. Mike, did I ever mention how much I hate you?
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 15 2007, 04:19 PM) *

Chris (alpha434),
What 914watcher posted bears only slight resemblance to the events that lead up to the split. Most of it borders on absolute crap.......
Chris

Enlighten us where "914 watcher" got it wrong....I'm interested. I'm not saying he got it right...I honestly want to know your opinion.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jan 15 2007, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 14 2007, 08:30 PM) *

Mike, I fuchin' hate you!

It's ok to leave it. I just didn't want to cause trouble. On the other hand, this thread seems somewhat beneficial. I tried figuring out what happened over on brad's site. No such luck. '914 watcher' did a better job of explaining what happened.

P.S. Mike, did I ever mention how much I hate you?

Stand in line...btw, the decision to leave the thread was a group choice. I'm just taking the heat because I knew how much it would mean to you coming from me.... KMA.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 15 2007, 04:12 PM)

Wat u meegedeeld heeft is echt schokkerend en ik had er geen idee van. Ongelooflijk dat zo'n blijkbaar onderhandse kerel support krijgt van enig lid of van enige club. Wie zou er lid willen zijn van een club die gerunt wordt door een kerel die een auto gestolen heeft en dan wanneer de club hem gered heeft geweigerd heeft het bailgeld terug te betalen. Hij moet een charismatische kerel zijn om nog zo'n volging te hebben.

U houdt van shit ook te bewegen! laugh.gif
Howard
Where's Jeroen when you need him smile.gif
sww914
QUOTE(bondo @ Jan 15 2007, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jan 14 2007, 07:35 PM) *

Maybe these guys can build us a sewer! biggrin.gif

(bad inside joke)

I got a really good laugh. stromberg.gif
Overview- stromberg.gif the town that Bondo and I live in has been trying to avoid building a sewer for 30 years or so. stromberg.gif It's been a huge problem for the last few years, stromberg.gif and now I think that the California stromberg.gif Coastal Comission is fining the taxpayers $10,000 a day, or maybe stromberg.gif it was a million a day, stromberg.gif I haven't gotten a bill yet.
We're not done with our shit yet either. stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif
TROJANMAN

Howard........... ph34r.gif
laugh.gif
914 Watcher
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 14 2007, 11:33 AM) *

Who an the fuck are you cuz I would like to meet you at the Red Light district tonight to discuss this personally. What a bunch of shit.....

Really, meet me.....I am in Amsterdam now...

Geoff mad.gif tired of people posting shit .... dry.gif

So what do you want to discuss? And do you do all your discussing in the Red Light district? Ooo la la... I'm getting hot and bothered. This is starting to sound kinky! wub.gif jerkit.gif

Aaron Cox
take pics!

AA
drewvw
This has been my favorite episode of Gilmore Girls....

rolleyes.gif
grantsfo
drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.