Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA flare install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
First off the vict....... unsure.gif errrr patient
scotty b
Next you will want to eyeball the center line and loosly clamp the flare on, so as to not bend it.
scotty b
Once you are happy with the placement it is time to attach the fender more securly. Make certain at this point it is attached nice and strong using only the best of materials.
scotty b
" Hey Scotty B you forgot to fill in the side marker you dope"

scotty b
Silly beginner thats not that big of a deal. Any pro can handle that little lapse
scotty b
Don't forget to feather it out so it will blend nicely !!
scotty b
thumb3d.gif Add a litle primer and once again don't cheap out here guys. Spend a little extra and get some quality primer !Also don't forget to feather the promer out for a nice blend as well
scotty b
Now it's time to grab your favorite adult beverage and admire that fine days werk. beerchug.gif
scotty b
DAMN thats one sexy bitch thumb3d.gif
stepuptotheMike
can I be the first to say WTF.gif

beerchug.gif

Mike
scotty b
Admins feel free to place this thread in the classics or tech section
Aaron Cox
like doing a cheesegrater....

mildly amusing... but mostly painful chairfall.gif
LowGT
You can roll some of that duct tape up and make 2 lug bolts out of it too. wink.gif
John
Why o why didn't you use the official colors Red and Green?

The Red Green Show

Sample Use of Duct Tape
scotty b
QUOTE(John @ Jan 13 2007, 06:26 PM) *

Why o why didn't you use the official colors Red and Green?

I thought the grey was stronger confused24.gif
jwalters
blink.gif Isn't that your dads car???

chair.gif

Damn! Now I gotta redo my sig line.........again!!

You suck! ph34r.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(jwalters @ Jan 13 2007, 06:53 PM) *

blink.gif Isn't that your dads car???

chair.gif

Damn! Now I gotta redo my sig line.........again!!

You suck! ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif Nice to see your out of hiding AGAIN!! No that's one of mine. Dads car is inside on the stands nice and dry. I actually tore his suspension down today to strip it and powder coat. I have gotten the engine done too. Powder coated all of the tin mirror black and did the fan housing a mix of silver I have been playing with. I'll probably take pics of it tomorrow. How's the job?
GWN7
Great thread..... beerchug.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif
Hammy
agree.gif Straight to classics laugh.gif
gregrobbins
Excellent. Before you hit the road, make sure to cover the inside of the fender and flair with a little JB Weld. That is the latest technology as I understand it from the guys at the track.

Wow, your the first to get your flairs and the first to get them on. Makes a Group Buy organizer proud. clap56.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Jan 13 2007, 07:12 PM) *

Excellent. Before you hit the road, make sure to cover the inside of the fender and flair with a little JB Weld. That is the latest technology as I understand it from the guys at the track.

Wow, your the first to get your flairs and the first to get them on. Makes a Group Buy organizer proud. clap56.gif

Hell Greg, get a group buy up for 6-conversions. I'll get the first one of those done too. Same day I get the parts it'll be D U N. Oh and J.B. weld is a little out of my price range. I've heard great things about it though huh.gif
dflesburg
good grief!
boxstr
Lets see a little more of that ingenuity and flare those rockers...
CCLINDUCKTAPEFOOL
So.Cal.914
Cleaver usage of 100 MPH tape, gives it a nice texture. Let me know when your

going to do 101 MPH, I'll follow you, I need a set of flares.
ClayPerrine
I was thinking liquid nails and some bondo and no one would know that they were not welded on.

huh.gif
rhodyguy
Great Success!!! high five. please to show detailed pictures of pussy magnet installation.

k
nomore9one4
clap56.gif av-943.gif
gregrobbins
Bob, show us your install to please. biggrin.gif
Johny Blackstain
dance.gif I'm very disapointed- you could'nt spend .25$ more for red duct tape? For shame! cool_shades.gif
John
I still think he is aspiring to be the new Red Green

Mr.C
No NO NO!!! Stay away from Rustoleum......other than that a perfect installation! blink.gif
pete-stevers
scotty i am worried....very worried..... biggrin.gif
autohausdolby
That's perfect! I was worried that when the time came to do my flare install I'd have to use a welder, but you guys have put my mind at ease. I think glue would work just as well though smile.gif
dflesburg
John,

Why did you tape a honda to the top of your new van? And who's the old guy?
John
Perhaps some of you don't watch PBS.

Being true to my true 914 self (CSOB), I watch PBS. No I don't have cable (again CSOB).

Red Green is the name of the character in the above photo. There is a show on PBS called The Red Green show. I provided a link to the website and the above photo to support my claim.

Yes, Red Green loves Duct Tape. He uses it for everything (refer to the above picture).

You must have a strange sense of humor to endure his shows, but I watch for the Duct Tape projects that he does from time to time.

I haven't even watched much TV for the last couple years (kids), so I am not entirely sure that Red Green is still on the air, but I tend to believe that he is. It is one of the better shows that PBS plays.

Edit: I just checked my local listings and it is still on in my area at 10:00PM Saturday Nights

When I saw the Duct Tape GT flare installation, it was so much like Red Green that I had to comment.

Here is a link:

The Red Green Show
Rusty
OMG... that's the funniest thing I've seen in ages. w00t2.gif
rhodyguy
the episode with the 2 front halves of chrysler K cars duct taped together is a classic.

k
r_towle
I would love to see the completed car with all the flares and rockets installed...

Also a special section on how you repair the hell hole using your awesome technique would be great!!!

Rich
Wes V
Scotty;

You did this 20 months ago. When are you going to paint it?

Wes
scotty b
QUOTE(Wes V @ Sep 16 2008, 07:34 PM) *

Scotty;

You did this 20 months ago. When are you going to paint it?

Wes

OBVIOUSLY you ,missed the p[art of the post where I did paint it. Primer is hot right now, you know the German rat rod thing. It's done in that last pic man. screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.