Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.2 conversion question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
fuel lines into fuel filter and from engine (return) at the fuel rail

what size fittings are these and where can I get them?

thanks
John
What in the world?

Those are metric fittings. I always make sure to get a piece of the hard line that feeds the fuel filter and the one that attaches to the return port. Then I use hard lines up to a point and connect the two hard lines with appropriately sized fuel injection hose and clamps.

In liew of that, I have taken the fuel filter inlet line to the hydraulic hose shop and had them swedge a stainless braided hose to the hard line. The other end was swedged to the cut-apart banjo fitting that fits the fuel pump. The return line used a metric fitting that they had on the shelf swedged to a length of high pressure rubber hose.

I can try to dig through notes to find the actual fitting sizes, but it is easier and cheaper to use OEM parts if possible. Used fittings/lines are OK.

In liew of getting the return line fitting (which makes engine drops easier), if you follow the fitting back about 3-4", you will see that the fitting is merely hose clamped to a rubber hose. You can extend this rubber hose back to your tank.

Call me if you want.

Did you ever take a picture of what you had a question on?
dflesburg
That part turned out to be the vacuum booster for the brake system. (not needed).

Thanks for the info although I am still not sure exactly what to do. I guess I call Ok Foriegn and see if they will send me some parts.

BigD9146gt
Give Dave @ GPR a call 800.321.5432. He has the same conversion and a good selection of Cohline OEM oil/fuel fittings and hoses.
John
Do you want pics?
John
Here is a pic of how I plumbed the pressure side.

I used stainless fuel lines that I created myself. The Stainless tubing came from summit racing. 1 roll was more than enough for the pressure and return lines. I joined the lines, as I said before, with high pressure fuel injection hose with clamps.

This sis one of two pics I have found of the area. I ended up with hard lines up into the engine compartment for both the pressure and return lines.

I used the stock auxilary blower fan mount to mount the factory fuel filter in the location shown. The pressure line from the engine, screws into the top of the factory filter.

John
Here is pic 2 of 2
dflesburg
So both pieces -the one that feeds the filter and the return in the second picture are both 911 parts?
John
Yes, the green tubes are both 911 parts.

I straightened them out with my tubing bender and then re-bent them to shape for the 914. My stainless lines end maybe a foot after they exit the firewall and make the bends toward the passenger side.
dflesburg
Called Gary, he hooked me up.

God bless Oklahoma Foreign - I only wish they had FORD parts too.

Best people in Gods Country there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.