Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge lighting question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass

Hi,

Is the combo gauge normally illuminated or is it only the red fuel warning light that lights up?

I thought I was replacing a bad light bulb in my gauge, but the new one still didn't light up. I put the old bulb in my tach and it lit up fine. So either it's normal, or I need to troubleshoot this light some other way. I checked the terminals and wiring and it all looks clean and solid.

Thanks.
Spoke
The combo gauge should have 1 or 2 illumination lights which light when the lights are turned on. These lights use case ground for the return. Make sure the ground wire is connected to the gauge.

The red low-fuel light only lights up when the tank is near empty. I checked my low-fuel light by jacking up the passenger side with low fuel so all the fuel goes to the driver side of the tank. It is a good idea to check the low-fuel light if you ever run the car low on fuel.
BigDBass
Fixed it. Thanks.

My combo gauge has 1 illumination light.

While I was testing ground, I found that the terminal blade was sort of lose inside the bulb holder. I jiggled it around and the light would come on. By pushing and rotating the terminal within the holder it seemed to lock into place and the light started working.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.