Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stripping parts for paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ppickerell
List of things that have to come off for a repaint? I am not doing trunks or interior.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Jan 14 2007, 05:00 PM) *

List of things that have to come off for a repaint? I am not doing trunks or interior.

Bumpers
Bumper tops.
Door handels
Wiper arms
Singnal Lenses Front and Rear
Signal Buckets
All trim around Windows
Mirrors
Chrome Trim
Head Lights.
I'm sure I forgot some, but it's a start.
Aaron Cox
all rubber..... (targa seals etc...)

i pulled out my whole interior etc even tho just having the outside and trunks and jambs done.....

so all windows... door seals... etc...

Cevan
Do you need to remove the glass from the doors?
Aaron Cox
i did...
rhodyguy
i would remove the front (carefully!) and rear trunk seals so the channels can be addressed and painted. yes on the windows and the front guide piece so you can paint under the quarter window seal. the window squeegees will slide out but i would leave the retaining channel in place. i think you could leave the headlights in place, in the raised position and masked, after removing the lids, surrounds and eyebrows.

k
highways
Grease. Use a good de-greaser. Then use it again.

beerchug.gif
McMark
Important question: is it a color change? If you're repainting it the same color, you can tape more stuff off.
Gint
Everything you don't want painted...
ppickerell
I am going with the same color. I have too much money into the car to go full paint. Thanks for helping fill in the blanks people.
Dave_Darling
If Shelby's doing the paint, I am voting for "everything" coming off!!! wink.gif drooley.gif

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.