Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let me be the first to say!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
piratenanner.gif

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Pats Rule
So.Cal.914
Pats suck. Chargers gave them the game. dry.gif
Joe Bob
Ditto....the Chargers played like girls.
porschecb
GO Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! piratenanner.gif dead horse.gif aktion035.gif
Brew
Go Steelers!!!!!!

Uhhh....next year!
BigDBass
Go Bears!
firstknight13
biggrin.gif WHO cares a "WIN" is a win and we'll take it beerchug.gif aktion035.gif smoke.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Hoss
Pats were as classless as they demonstrated at the end of the game. As a Charger fan, there is no excuse for the loss.
So.Cal.914
I've been a charger fan sence the early 70's and over the years they have had

plenty of excuses, none of them good but they have had them. With the team

they have put together and the way they have played this year...no excuse.
seanery
thanks PATS!

GO COLTS! thumb3d.gif
we've got a home game wink.gif
SLITS
Go NARPs ....

Oh wait, we don't have a football team.

Good, don't waste a shitpile of money that way!
Spoke
IMO, the only shortcoming the Chargers have is an inexperienced QB.

Congrats to the Pats. I don't like Brady at all because he's so good and he's not on the Steelers.

My prediction is the Superbowl winning QB will be either Brady or Manning.

Spoke
ClayPerrine
There are only 2 true "sports"... auto racing, and bullfighting. The rest are just shows put on for the public to watch ( and I don't include Nascar in real auto racing).

And I don't like bullfighting.. so guess what I watch on TV? It ain't the NFL....

yawn.gif yawn.gif yawn.gif
yellowsleep[1].gif
drewvw
I think you might think differently about the only "true sports" (according to hemingway) if you took an NFL hit. To take a hit like Reggie Bush did and then play the way he did afterward. Only a true athlete could do that.

Go Pats....I feel for the chargers fans tho, I was born a Bills fan and we obviously have some similar bad mojo going on.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(drewvw @ Jan 15 2007, 01:55 PM) *

I think you might think differently about the only "true sports" (according to hemingway) if you took an NFL hit. To take a hit like Reggie Bush did and then play the way he did afterward. Only a true athlete could do that.

Go Pats....I feel for the chargers fans tho, I was born a Bills fan and we obviously have some similar bad mojo going on.

I can't get in the ring with a WWE Wrestler either, but it is still a choreographed show, not a sport.

And I didn't say they weren't athletes. I just said that it wasn't a sport. Two different things.

Johny Blackstain
WTF.gif 2 sports? Futbol, aka. soccer, baseball, chess & the LeMans. Still, Go Pats! Off topic ain't we? cool_shades.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 15 2007, 02:40 PM) *

WTF.gif 2 sports? Futbol, aka. soccer, baseball, chess & the LeMans. Still, Go Pats! Off topic ain't we? cool_shades.gif

Nope.. 2 sports.... BullFighting and Auto Racing. The rest are just shows put on for the crowd. That is Hemmingway...paraphrased.

And No, its not off topic, just a hijacked.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 15 2007, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 15 2007, 02:40 PM) *

Nope.. 2 sports.... BullFighting and Auto Racing. The rest are just shows put on for the crowd. That is Hemmingway...paraphrased.

And No, its not off topic, just a hijacked.gif

Hemmingway was a drunk that blew his own head off with a shotgun, consider

the source.
erikstoll
Ummmm Go Saints
jimtab
GO NINERS....we're resting up for next year..... sad.gif
grantsfo
I lost interest in most professional sports about 7 or 8 years ago. I can only take watching entitled self focused over paid athletes so long. I enjoy watching a good college game of basketball, volleyball or soccer where team work and not the over paid individuals matter.

I feel that way about TV in general. I'd much rather go watch some talented actors on stage than waste time with TV or an over rated movie.
nola914
[size=9][color=#FFCC33]How about Dem Saints.
woobn8r
Gotta throw my hat in for the COLTS!

Hope they win one for Johnny U....
We don't have REAL football in Canada (I played 'till university)...and the BILLS are the closest NFL team....so now you know why I chose the COLTS...(also too embarrassed to say anything about the Raiders...
drewvw
I can understand how people can get sick of professional sports and their athletes like grantsfo said.

My point of view is that aside, for those of us who still suit up a couple times a week and play for the love of the game, some of the things these guys/gals can do is amazing and beautiful.

Watching Marvin Harrsion run a perfectly executed route for a touchdown is not only fun to watch, but it also represents a lifetime of hard work, dedication, and natural ability. They aren't all bad....

I'll be rooting to for the saints to beat chicago next week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.