Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dellorto Carb Linkage Guide
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
anderssj
I was trying to pull together a few things to help Terry Mason with his Dell set-up, but being a bit of a luddite I'm unable figure out how to attach a .pdf or a .jpg to my PMs, so I thought I'd try posting them here. Besides, I thought they might be useful to others running Dell's . . . .

The first picture is a copy of the linkage guide I recieved when I bought the Dellorto kit (from Claude's Buggies, 1983). I've made a couple of notes that might help in the set-up . . .
anderssj
Click to view attachment . . . and 2 "exploded diagrams" (DRLA 40) and corresponding parts lists (page 1) . . . .

anderssj
Click to view attachment. . . and page 2 . . . .
anderssj
I've got these, plus a copy of the CB flyer "Dialing In Your Dellortos" in a single .pdf, but it's too big to post here (just over 2 MB) . . . . if you need this, PM me and I'll try e-mailing it to you.

I also have some old Dell-related articles too, I'll scan these--or copy and "snail mail"--if anyone is interested:

"Dellorto Power" (part 1), Dune Buggies and Hot VWs, May 1983

"Dellorto Power" (part 2), Dune Buggies and Hot VWs, June 1983

"Dellorto Mega-Torque--Dial In Your Carbs," VW Trends, September 1985

Hope this helps . . . .
terrymason
Thank you sooo much!

I was pretty surprised that my new CB performance linkage didn't include any guides at all. I had no idea what the springs were for before your post!
mills914/s
Thanks buddy we were just talking about this kind of stuff last nigh some members were helping me..This kinda helps to
anderssj
QUOTE(mills914/s @ Jan 15 2007, 09:30 AM) *

Thanks buddy we were just talking about this kind of stuff last nigh some members were helping me..This kinda helps to

If I can figure out how to attach a .pdf, I could put some additional stuff out here . . . scanning text in as a .jpg makes the file too big to post (at least I think that's what's happening).

Best,

Steve A-
bperry
QUOTE(terrymason @ Jan 15 2007, 11:24 AM) *

Thank you sooo much!

I was pretty surprised that my new CB performance linkage didn't include any guides at all. I had no idea what the springs were for before your post!

CB has a document on their web page.
Dual Carb Linkage Installation

Its only an exploded view but it should explain alot.

--- bill
anderssj
QUOTE(bperry @ Jan 15 2007, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(terrymason @ Jan 15 2007, 11:24 AM) *

Thank you sooo much!

CB has a document on their web page.
Dual Carb Linkage Installation

Its only an exploded view but it should explain alot.

--- bill

I was just about to post a copy . . . .
Joe Owensby
Thanks for the info. I will be needing this soon. I am rebuilding a 2.0 with Jake's kit, and will be using some Dells that came off of a parts car I obtained.

Thanks, Joe O.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.