Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coasters mark your calendars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ws91420
Porsche Swap meet at Hershey park is scheduled for April 28th. Road Trip.

Edited I had wrong date.
drewvw

usher in a wedding that weekend. D'oh...
Spoke
Did the organizers check the Farmer's Almanac? Last year's aquafest was not condusive to having fun with air cooled cars.

Spoke
type47
i thought they were going a week later to try for better weather?
ws91420
They said last year they were doing a week later later to try to break the rain cycle. I think some people got better deals in the rain though.
VaccaRabite
If it is a week later, I'll probably be able to make it this year then. There is always an event that weekend that I go to.

Zach
Dr Evil
I guess I'll make the long trek wink.gif

This years weather is a tough one to predict. Maybe winter will show up finally confused24.gif
ws91420
I found out I had the date wrong and edited it.
nomore9one4
We should be there this year! We did not get the arc built in time last year! driving.gif
JerryP
Me and my 914 just dried out from last year. I'll be there this year....looking for new seals and weatherstripping of course.
rmital
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jan 15 2007, 11:55 PM) *

Porsche Swap meet at Hershey park is scheduled for April 28th.

...any info online on this event?
ws91420
Hershey Swap Meet info

Also an autocross there Central PA PCA under events tab 2007 April
rmital
QUOTE(ws91420 @ Jan 16 2007, 12:02 PM) *

Hershey Swap Meet info

Also an autocross there Central PA PCA under events tab 2007 April

thanks!
fitsbain
I should be there.
evan
driving.gif Dr. Evil. drive really really far away, and then you will have the LOOOONG trek to the show. Maybe come down to maryland the day before.
little bean

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 15 2007, 08:00 PM) *

This years weather is a tough one to predict. Maybe winter will show up finally confused24.gif

ptravnic
Woo Hoo! We should have a good sized group representing metro NY. Giddy Up.
rmital
The 28th is my daughter's birthday....she'll be 11 and that's why we're going to Hershey Park. Not because of some silly Porsche Swap meet. wink.gif

...just call me "super Dad"...
ptravnic
QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 16 2007, 02:55 PM) *

The 28th is my daughter's birthday....she'll be 11 and that's why we're going to Hershey Park. Not because of some silly Porsche Swap meet.

...just call me "super Dad"...

How convenient... You could even dangle all those Porsche's in front of her nose reminding her that only 5 years til she gets to drive Dad's silver 914!
wilchek
I will be there as. It has rained the last three years. I am starting a new car related parts company and will be getting a booth or two. We were thinking about hosting a 914 tent for 914 owners to hang out. Thinking about setting up an area to crash and come togehter. Would everyone be interested in something like this. Last year we tried to get a reserve parking spot but due to the rain it never really worked out. I will try again to get a special area for our club /914 owners. drunk.gif
rmital
QUOTE(wilchek @ Jan 16 2007, 09:56 PM) *

We were thinking about hosting a 914 tent for 914 owners to hang out. Thinking about setting up an area to crash and come togehter. Would everyone be interested in something like this.

...interested...definitely!
r_towle
QUOTE(rmital @ Jan 16 2007, 08:18 PM) *

QUOTE(wilchek @ Jan 16 2007, 09:56 PM) *

We were thinking about hosting a 914 tent for 914 owners to hang out. Thinking about setting up an area to crash and come togehter. Would everyone be interested in something like this.

...interested...definitely!

Please lets get some burgers and dogs on a grill...

And several tents so we can all stay dry.

Rich
ejm

The 28th is my daughter's birthday....she'll be 11 and that's why we're going to Hershey Park. Not because of some silly Porsche Swap meet. wink.gif

In the past the swap meet has been before Hershey Park opens for the season, partially because it takes place in the parking lot. Not sure if this will change with the later date. Might be something to check out.

:GriswoldsatWallyWorldsmiliehere:
jd74914
Damn . . . its the weekend before my finals start.
RON S.
I'll be there again,

As always I'll bring my umbrella.

Ron
JerryP
A 914 area would be great. After the event, everyone always seems to mention how they saw a few people but missed so many others who were there.

Anybody selling 914World hats yet? I met a few people last year just because of my 914 hat.
rmital
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 16 2007, 11:57 PM) *

In the past the swap meet has been before Hershey Park opens for the season, partially because it takes place in the parking lot. Not sure if this will change with the later date. Might be something to check out.

:GriswoldsatWallyWorldsmiliehere:

...thanks, my wife is checking into dates for the park and the hotel situation. They're probably open the weekend by then, maybe not during the week.

It is Spring break for schools in our area, so I'm sure they'll be opening the doors.
faster48
Nice! I'm looking forward to meeting some local(semi) 914er's.... I really like the idea of a central meeting/hangout/grilling point jsharp.gif
VaccaRabite
Okay, so the 28th is in my calendar.

So long as MTT does not also get moved a weekend back, I should be able to attend both events.

Zach
jimkelly
calendar marked - check

too far off to commit at this time - tentative : )
SLKWrx
I'll definitely be there, though sans 914 since I have too many winter projects on it going on that won't be completed by the time the swap meet rolls around. The sti can carry more stuff anyways biggrin.gif
ft.lbs.
too far of a drive for that much rain!
ws91420

I would definitely like to see a tent for us all to meet at and hang out.
Dr Evil
Jim, we should build up one of your cores and sell it at the swap!
I do not have my schedule for that month yet so i am not sure of my availability. So long as there is not a test the following Mon I will do all I can to make it. I wonder if I can get my car running by then av-943.gif dry.gif

I wish I had a bigger place to have people come over and crash, drink, BS. Yo LEO, you gonna crash on my futon again? I need to replace a board that broke first rolleyes.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jan 16 2007, 01:00 AM) *

Evil One

If you feel GUILTY about your drive, come down here & pick me up. My 14 won't be ready yet & I need a ride. Ply you full of grain products & petroleum distillates?

Kidding, I'll be there for, get this, the FIRST time. Expecting to hook up with some old timer 356 dudes. Lived here for 12 years now - this is the first year I'll be free to make it. About ready to p_ss my pants. Well, that's what 60 year old guys do when they get excited, isn't it? No Depends that weekend - hangin' loose!
Pat
IanStott
I was wet cold and tired last year as we couldn't get a hotel! Met some nice people bought a few parts and had a ball. Did I win first place for who travelled the farthest?? It is a great idea to have a 914 meeting place, I would really like to meet some fellow owners and see what they have done or are planning to do. I've put the 28th on my calendar!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Dominic
I'll be there with the family. Hope to see some 914's out there. I'll be checking out the early 911's as well. They are the featured car this year.
I found a nice/new hotel nearby if anyone is interested, only problem is they don't have any rooms for Saturday night. Here is the info if anyone needs a room for friday night.

Wingate Inn Harrisburg
1344 Eisenhower Blvd.
Harrisburg, PA 17111
(717) 985-1600

Cheers,

Dominic
apexeric
Any one gonna do the autocross on Sunday?
swm914

...thanks, my wife is checking into dates for the park and the hotel situation. They're probably open the weekend by then, maybe not during the week.

It is Spring break for schools in our area, so I'm sure they'll be opening the doors.
[/quote]

Hershey Park ( it's 100th season) opens on May 4th, the weekend after the swap meet. As of now, it is not open weekends prior to May 4th, except maybe for private events and an early April preview.
There are places to stay around here but call soon. If my wife would go along with it, I'd put up a body able to give me a complete mechancial analysis and anwer all of my questions concerning my "new" '74 2.0 that I waited 30 years to buy(kids finally grown). However, that isn't flying with her so maybe I'll bump into someone who can do that for me anyway.

Steve
RS22b
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Jan 17 2007, 10:05 AM) *

I'll definitely be there, though sans 914 since I have too many winter projects on it going on that won't be completed by the time the swap meet rolls around. The sti can carry more stuff anyways biggrin.gif

hey steve!

all from the NNJ area. I would be down for meeting up somewhere as to caravan out together.

It would be great to get a decent drive goin with a few other teeners!

_billy
smdubovsky
I've already reserved two vendor spots. Folks are more than welcome to come hang out there. I'll post the spot #s when they get assigned.
Dr Evil
Dude, I need to see about putting some of my bolts at one of my "friends" tents idea.gif biggrin.gif

Percentage?
smdubovsky
E, you're more than welcome to use some table space for free.
wilchek
Mike,

we got three spots in a row. I'll check with my partner but I am sure we can make some room. We were planning on setting up kind of a hospitality tent so everyone can meet up.

I was in Hershey on Monday and Tuesday at the PETE&C(Tech geek)conference at the Lodge but I never got a free moment to give you a ring. I hope your not driving the BMW it was, COOOOld in Hershey.
Dr Evil
You guys are the best!

Nope, the BMW is down for electrical issues (no free time to fix it) and I have been driving my neutered 4-runner (removed front drive so only 2WD) which has sucked in the rink I have in my parking lot. Now I got to make some bolts!
wilchek
I had a K75 with electrical issues. Check and clean the relays under the gas tank. That bike had too many electronics that I spent a lot of time fixing. Once I figured out how the system worked it was a lot easier than I ever expected.
Pat Garvey
All the years I lived in Cincinnati, I swore I'd make it to the event. But, every year I thought about the 500 mile drive & putz'ed out.

I've lived a hundred miles from this event for the last 11 years & still never made it. Don't even have a proper excuse!

This will be the year. I'll be on a buying binge & selling nothing but a trunk load of Factory posters. No table - don't want comitments. I'll be the dorky looking accountant type.

I could care less if it rains - I'm ready. I'llbe wearing a badge that says "dorky accountant". See me if you really give a sh_t. If you want to buy me a beer, that's different.
Dr Evil
Its the K1100RS, Dan. The K75 is up in Oregon at CAMP 914 where Craig and I are trying, not very hard as we are both busy, to sell it. Craig is trying to do me a favor biggrin.gif I hope I dont have a test the following week so I can get all irresponsible on Fri and Sat night. We should all plan to meet up. Last year people, against my protests due to its difficulty to find for the new folks, wanted to go to the bears den. When I got there with Ed Marrow there were about 3 other guys and the place was packed with pre pubescent cheerleaders that were in town for a convention. Not much fun, but the company (Ed, et. al.) was good. I am much more familiar with my surroundings now and can recommend some places to go. As for those wanting single women and boobs and such, good luck. This is central PA, small town Hershey. The closest tity bar is in Harrisburg about 20 min away and not in the nicest part of town (from what I saw when I drove by). I cant vouch for the quality either wink.gif
nomore9one4
Well, Just made our reservations. We are staying at the Econolodge Friday and saturday. Hope to see you all there. smile.gif

*edit* not in my room of course! laugh.gif
i love porsche
ill be driving my 924S down in a caravan with a few guys from rennlist...i think everyone from the nnj area should caravan together..it would be fun!
yarin
I've been there the last few years. If there is any chance of rain this time around I'm going to pass. If I come i'd like to trailer my 914 and run the autox on sunday.

Hope to see you guys there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.