Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa top underside: need pictures to redo it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
type4org
When I bought my '76 the original top had a glass sunroof in it (!), but the seller had another top laying around and I took that instead. It didn't have the liner installed, but it seems I'm also missing a piece across the front, there's four unused screw holes across and the parts book says a piece of padding should be attached. Looks more like a metal rail across in the parts book picture.

Would anyone have some good pictures from a late model (preferably '76 or '75) targa top's insides with everything on it? smile.gif

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(type4org @ Jan 16 2007, 05:49 AM) *

When I bought my '76 the original top had a glass sunroof in it (!), but the seller had another top laying around and I took that instead. It didn't have the liner installed, but it seems I'm also missing a piece across the front, there's four unused screw holes across and the parts book says a piece of padding should be attached. Looks more like a metal rail across in the parts book picture.

Would anyone have some good pictures from a late model (preferably '76 or '75) targa top's insides with everything on it? smile.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the front supports/trim pieces should be different for any models. So, any front trim pieces should fit your spare top (lucky you have it!). Not necessarily so with rubber trim, though.

C'mon guys - enlighten me if I'm wrong here! Always learning when it comes to the later 914's.
Pat
type4org
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jan 16 2007, 11:02 PM) *

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't think the front supports/trim pieces should be different for any models. So, any front trim pieces should fit your spare top (lucky you have it!). Not necessarily so with rubber trim, though.

C'mon guys - enlighten me if I'm wrong here! Always learning when it comes to the later 914's.
Pat

Actually I don't have the "molested" top, I left it with the seller who probably threw it out. I made the mistake of not checking both to see if any parts are missing or salvageable sad.gif

Bleyseng
Mittlemotor near Essen should have some tops laying around in the basement. They did have a bunch of used parts when I was there 3 years ago. Call them.
type4org
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 18 2007, 10:36 AM) *

Mittlemotor near Essen should have some tops laying around in the basement. They did have a bunch of used parts when I was there 3 years ago. Call them.

I don't need a top. I just need some pictures of the underside so I can complete mine. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.