914-6 aluminium oiltank?

Thanks

we get the ones we sell from gpr
John
This member/non-member makes them, but is currently out of stock

Here is a link:

DWDesign Aluminum Oil Tanks
McMark
Send him a PM, he's very good about responding in a timely manner from my experience. I have two of them and they're awesome.
DEC
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the links.
I stay in contact with Clinton.
He answers really quick smilie_pokal.gif
The tank is available in one month or so stirthepot.gif

Wilco smilie_flagge6.gif
tomeric914
Reviving a 3-1/2 year old thread...

What stock location oil tank options are out there today besides the tanks offered by Patrick Motorsports and Rebel Racing (which may be the same tank)?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:30 AM) *

What stock location oil tank options are out there today besides the tanks offered by Patrick Motorsports and Rebel Racing (which may be the same tank)?

Linky no worky
mepstein
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Sep 10 2010, 09:30 AM) *

There are still stock Porsche 914-6 steel oil tanks floating around from ~600 used to 1,200 NOS.

*there are 3 aluminum and 1 steel on ebay right now.
Britain Smith
I might have all the 914/6 conversion parts (including the O.E. tank) available for sale soon. Just need to get the engine sold.

-Britain
tomeric914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 10 2010, 09:56 AM) *

Linky no worky

No linky to clicky smile.gif

I just underlined to be clear.

There are still stock Porsche 914-6 steel oil tanks floating around from ~600 used to 1,200 NOS.

*there are 3 aluminum and 1 steel on ebay right now.

Thanks Mark. I'll take a look.

I might have all the 914/6 conversion parts (including the O.E. tank) available for sale soon. Just need to get the engine sold.

Thanks Britain! Let me know how much you're asking when you're ready!
mepstein
You will also need the fill spout, filter console, oil lines and small parts, spacers, clamps, ect. I bought a used oem steel tank, fill spout and console and picked up all the rest from AA. Their website shows every oem part down to the smallest washer. They backordered a couple small parts but George then personally found the missing parts and shipped. I paid a bit extra for the hardware over what you'd find at home depot but wanted all the right parts and saved time by not having to track it down myself. Patrick motor sports also carries repro's of all the parts.
Britain Smith
No problem, I have everything required.

-Britain
mepstein
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 10 2010, 11:08 PM) *

No problem, I have everything required.

-Britain

Usually the easiest and least expensive way.
Britain Smith
Well, I have a guy interested in my motor and I don't believe he wants the oil system...therefore it "might" be available soon.

-Britain
JmuRiz
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Sep 10 2010, 05:30 AM) *

I think the DWDesignWerks tank is the same one they sell at Rebel Racing. I think it seems like the nicest looking setup (all new parts and larger capacity).

Anyone on here running it?
Elliot Cannon
I bought one of the Rebel Racing tanks awhile ago. It looks so nice, it's a shame to hide it behind the fender. biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
I'm out of touch these days, there use to be a number of tanks just a couple of years back.

The cast tanks work well, I like they don't require the oil filter console and use the more common newer 911 oil filter. Not sure if Patrick Motorsports makes them anymore? Last one I purchased had casting faults I had to weld up a couple of leaks.

The welded extra capacity tanks are also cool. RIP - Dave Shepard and I worked with some fabricator years back to refine a working model. I installed it, gave feedback, sent the tank back, installed version 2 ect. That one was in a narrow body 73' 2.4 I believe? Can't recall anymore.

Key to aftermarket tanks is making sure they have the baffle in them so the oil doesn't foam. Some early tanks didn't have that.

Good luck on the search, sounds like there is still options out there.
markb
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Oct 5 2010, 12:48 PM) *

RIP - Dave Shepard and I worked with some fabricator years back to refine a working model. I installed it, gave feedback, sent the tank back, installed version 2 ect. That one was in a narrow body 73' 2.4 I believe? Can't recall anymore.

That would probably be Don at DWDesignWerks, the ones Clint at Rebel Racing sells. Last I heard, all of his had been sold, and he wasn't planning on making any more, due to a move to Australia.
pete-stevers
Elliot what was the price point on that tank, did it include filler neck and console?
i have had a design drawn up but the cost of getting it all put together is too expensive
so the plans just sit.
McMark
Steve,

IIRC, the total cost for a tank, neck & console was just under $1000.
pete-stevers
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 5 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Steve,

that is pretty close to the cost of making them with console fill spout?dipstick
I figured there was no point making them if i was going to have to sell at 1200
If i could sell them for 850-950 i figured i would be ok...
but i would have to make em off shore blink.gif
lemme see, how much would it cost for a run of 10 or 20 idea.gif
could be the reason we don't see many people jumping to make em.
mepstein
Say you make 20, sell them and a couple months later, 5 of them fail at a weld. What then? Guys want their money back. One leaks when a fitting breaks off and you are blamed for an overheated engine. Who pays? It's becomes difficult when there's other people involved and you get put in a position that you never expected.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 5 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Steve,

Yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.