Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hamster crash @ 288mph - PICTURES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlatSix
Pictures of crash are here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6273973.stm

They say it will be shown on Top Gear at the end of the month.

dinomium
Lucky not only to be alive but not brain dead! driving.gif
r_towle
I am happy he is alright...

Now he can always answer anyone with
Ya, ok, but have you crashed a car at 288mph,,,huh

Im sure with his sense of humor, he will use that quite a bit.

I miss that show.

Rich
JPB
Speed kills man. blink.gif
Part Pricer

I watched the interview with Jonathan Ross. Hammond came off very well and funny as ever. But, he did seem a little more guarded than I remember.

The new season of Top Gear starts on BBC2 on January 28th. I can't wait. It's one of the best auto shows on TV.

thesey914
Dammit get your own shows smile.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jan 19 2007, 05:21 PM) *

Sorry. I'm hooked on a lot of UK television shows.

This time of year I'm grabbing Match of the Day and MoTD 2 every week, In a couple of weeks, it will be Top Gear as well.

SharonG
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Jan 19 2007, 03:21 PM) *

I'm totally hooked on the new Dr. Who, also...
I can't believe Hammond lived through that crash. He's a lucky man. beerchug.gif Looking forward to the new Top Gear season!
Part Pricer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 20 2007, 10:48 AM) *

Are you referring to Dr. Who or Torchwood? I just got done watching the complete first season of Torchwood and found it to be quite entertaining. smile.gif
Part Pricer
I was able to grab the new episode of Top Gear off of a torrent early Sunday morning. I got amazingly fast download speeds, between 600-700 kB/s. Use Top.Gear.S09E01 for your search.

Other than the coverage of the crash at the very end, I found the show to be a little disappointing. There was too much time wasted on their bit about paving a road in one day instead of 5.

Men at work
Why do roadworks take so long? It's a question that's vexed every one of us as we sit stationary, gazing glazen-eyed at a builder armed with a stop-go sign and massive arse cleavage. Surely there must be a better way?

With the aid of just 32 of Warwickshire's finest road workers, a quarryful of tarmac and an incredibly irritating megaphone, the boys try to complete a week's worth of road repairs in just 24 hours. How hard can it be?

Fast food
This week's studio guest Jamie Oliver was on a mission to prove he could set a tasty lap time rather than make a dog's dinner of our Reasonably Priced Car.

After nearly flattening us at Gambon - twice - and demonstrating a couple of the most spectacular fishtail slides we've ever seen on our icy test track, Jamie eventually got to grips with the non-stick circuit (see what we did there?) and even managed to fry the Lacetti's radiator. Smoking stuff.

Jaguar XKR v Aston Martin V8 Vantage
What better way to celebrate the return of the best show in Britain (hell, the world) than thrash a couple of the finest sports cars in Britain (hell, the world) around our test track? We've never seen Jeremy more torn - will he plump for the gorgeous Vantage or the Jag's supercharged XKR, with an engine note like "Tom Jones gargling a NASCAR"? Oh, how we've missed those metaphors...

Hammond's shunt
It's the big one. Like a scary film, you know what's coming. You want to shut your eyes, but somehow you can't look away. Whatever you've read about Hammond's jet car accident, you won't be quite prepared for it. It even shut JC up. Don't miss it.
Downunderman
Here's link to the video. It seems a tyre blew.

http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=25308
SharonG
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Jan 20 2007, 09:34 AM) *

Are you referring to Dr. Who or Torchwood? I just got done watching the complete first season of Torchwood and found it to be quite entertaining. smile.gif

I meant Dr. Who... I didn't even know about Torchwood! Thanks for the info! How did you manage to watch the whole first season? I'm looking for the DVDs and only see the first episodes... assimilate.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jan 29 2007, 04:40 PM) *

I meant Dr. Who... I didn't even know about Torchwood! Thanks for the info! How did you manage to watch the whole first season? I'm looking for the DVDs and only see the first episodes... assimilate.gif

I downloaded it from a torrent. It is 5.3 GB so it may take a while. Here is the tracking URL

http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/HTTP/596164/7635532
VaccaRabite
I got a 700mb torrent of it last night, and plan on watching it this evening.
I saw the 10 minute section on Hammonds crash. I was amazed at how much the crash aged him. It looks like he aged about 10 years in 5 months.

I guess putting your head in the dirt at 260 will do that. Still can't believe he survived.

Zach
autohausdolby
QUOTE(Part Pricer @ Jan 20 2007, 08:34 AM) *

IPB Image

biggrin.gif I preferred Dr Who, but Torchwood is OK smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.